Sunday, December 12, 2010

Reflection

I spent part of my Sunday with two of my favorite people in the whole world! Michelle and Maricela. We met for a celebratory lunch in honor of Maricela who just graduated from nursing school. And so, we lunched at an Italian restaurant that was "lick your plate" delicious! As we sat at the table laughing about the shennanigans from the previous night, I marveled at how much I love these girls and how much their friendship means to me. We've come a long way from when we first met. And we've had our bumpy roads but we managed to ride through those bumps along the way. We don't always agree with each other and at times, we've disappointed one another, but we forgive and move on and we have each other's back. Between laughter and eating and more laughter, I thanked God for bringing them into my life.

2 comments:

Shady Del Knight said...

There are fair weather friends and there are "click on" friends that you instantly add to your list on social networking sites; but what you wrote here is the definition of a real friend. Many people don't even have one such friend. You have two. That's wonderful, Yvonne. Unconditional friendship is just as hard to find as unconditonal love.

Yvonne said...

Shady - I have been blessed with with a handful of good friends, and for that, I am grateful.

Chapter 56

The sunlight peeping through the curtains, stir her from her sleep.  Her eyes open and she rubs them a bit before sitting up in bed.  Eyes n...