Thursday, August 30, 2007

Memories Revisited

They came at me all at once.

Fast.

Hard.

Erratic.

Memories that had long been locked away in the abyss of my heart...
and now they are our exposed for my mind to replay, my eyes to see and my heart to gasp!
I read the letters one by one with the same feeling of anticipation I felt the very first time I read your words....

I'd forgotten how funny and clever you were.

I'd forgotten how you could charm anyone with your words and that smile and those eyes...

I'd forgotten how sexy you were...

I can still remember the kiss. That wonderful, hypnotic, explosive kiss...

Sigh...

But as quickly as I hungrily re-read your letters I stopped.

Visiting you in my memories is nice for awhile but if I linger any longer I'll get caught in "the trap" and I can't do that to myself.

There was a reason why we said good bye. My soul has the scars to prove it!

So, I carefully put the letters back in the box, lock it and put it away. I can't bring myself to throw them out yet...

But I know the time is coming and sooner than I expected.

No comments:

Chapter 56

The sunlight peeping through the curtains, stir her from her sleep.  Her eyes open and she rubs them a bit before sitting up in bed.  Eyes n...