Thursday, August 30, 2007

Crossroad

I am at a cross road in my life. For the past 18 years I have been working in the legal field. Prior to that I worked at the Chronicle as a copywriter. I decided I liked the law better than working for a newspaper and now here I am almost 20 years later.

I'm burned out.

I'm tired.

I hate my boss. Okay, okay, "hate" is such an ugly word.
I can't stomach my boss, how's that?

So, I have decided that for my sanity and my health, I need to find another job. One that would allow me to pursue my dream, have flexible time and still pay the bills. The problem with that is I've become accustomed to a certain lifestyle and with the HUGE paycut I am about to undertake, I'm scared.

Is it worth it?

My family is behind me no matter what I decide to do. I'm the one that's giving me such a hard time!

I know deep in my heart of hearts what I need to do but I guess I'm just scared out of my mind and need some reassurance...

Life is about taking chances is it not? Hell, Phil Garner does it every time he puts Brad Lidge on the mound!!! Okay, okay, I'm now officially delusional!!!!

And so my world turns...stay tuned!

No comments:

Chapter 56

The sunlight peeping through the curtains, stir her from her sleep.  Her eyes open and she rubs them a bit before sitting up in bed.  Eyes n...