Wednesday, December 16, 2020

On A Cold December Night -The After Midnight Version

 It's not that I purposely set out to stay up late.  I don't.  I just  get this burst of energy around the same time every night.  It's 12:40 a.m. right now but you couldn't even tell, the way my brain is juggling a million little things all at once. Yes even as I write.  It's quite a party happening in my mind right now. Where was I?  Oh yes.  My weird sleeping habits.  I don't know.  I've tried just about everything I know to lull me to sleep but nothing seems to work.  In the morning, I'll be groggy and kind of bitchy for a little bit, but soon my sunny disposition takes over and I'm fine.  I blame 2020.  Yeah, that's it.  2020.

Oh here's a thing I haven't talked about in a long time.  Dating.  Yeah remember that?  I vaguely recall  it.  Anyway, on Thursday I will be interviewed by a local blogger extraordinaire who also happens to have a podcast about you guessed it, dating.  She will ask me questions about my dating life (when I had one that is) and experiences, things like that.  I'm kind of excited and kind of nervous.  I'm curious about what she'll ask and how I will respond.  Ha.  I'm pretty sure I will embarrass myself.  But that's ok, I'm a master of that sport.  Especially lately.  Eh, but that's story for another time.  So we shall see how it goes.  I've never done this before.  Have any of you?  In all honesty, even though I am a little nervous, I also have this "I don't give fuck" attitude that I adopted this year.  It's all the rage of 2020 don't you know.  So while I do have the jitters, I'm pretty sure I will be just fine.  And if not?  "I don't give fuck"   If anything, a lot of strangers will get a good laugh at my expense.

Since I don't know what her questions will be, I've been going through my dating memory bank trying to recall my dating experiences throughout the years.   So far I have a funny one, a memorable one, a 24 hour one and a horrible one.  I tend to have more of those horrible ones than any other ones saved up in that bank of mine.  I do miss dating though.  Back in January I had decided to start meeting potential suitors again.  But then the pandemic happened and work bombarded me and here we are almost 10 months later.  "But what about dating sites?" you ask.  Just know that I won't ever try the online dating sites again.  Ever.  And that's all I will say about that.  

I'll be sure and let you know how it goes with the podcast.  Oh hell, I'll even post the link so you can hear for yourself.  ;)  You're welcome.

Well, I'm off to see the wizard.  Not really.  Maybe. Who knows?  I've been having weird dreams lately so the wizard might show up.

-peace.

6 comments:

CWMartin said...

The world is divided fairly evenly in between those who sleep worse than me, and those that hear about my normal nights sleep and would think it a bad one for them. Wake up twice to go pee or it's just not a restful night.

Blue Grumpster said...

Ni dating sites for you. Smart thinking! And don't you worry about embarrassing yourself. It makes you feel alive. I remember teaching a class and then it turned out my fly was open. It happens. You can smile now. And I love your "I don't give fuck" attitude. I may be biased... Just a bit.

Thanks for always stopping by. Enjoy the Holidays! Merry Christmas!

Blue

Yvonne said...

CW Martin - Ha! Exactly.

Yvonne said...

Blue-wow and not one of your students told you? Ha! That's funny. Oh hell no. NEVER EVER will I get on another dating site. Gross. The podcast didn't happen after all. Schedules were mixed up. Hoping to reschedule after the holidays. I'm looking forward to it.

Merry Christmas!

Janie Junebug said...

I sleep odd hours, too, and find I'm especially creative at night. I seem to be done with dating and don't care.

Love,
Janie

Yvonne said...

Janie-I'm glad I'm not the only one that has weird sleeping patterns. Ha! I won't say I'm done with dating -yet. But I'm pretty close ;)

Chapter 56

The sunlight peeping through the curtains, stir her from her sleep.  Her eyes open and she rubs them a bit before sitting up in bed.  Eyes n...