Thursday, December 31, 2020

New Years Eve -The 2020 Version

What a year eh?  What.A.Year.  To say that it's been a rough one is an understatement.  It's been way more than that.  Try Uncertain.  Painful. Frustrated. Bitter. Angry. A nightmare. Unimaginable. Ridiculous. Full of loss and mourning for many, with small fragments of happy moments for others.  The list is infinite.  The feeling of helplessness remains.  

And yet, here we are, on the last day, of the last month, of the year that our lives were abruptly changed and our world became like something out of a chapter in a sci-fi novel.  At least that's how I feel.  Thankfully, I am the eternal optimist and I have faith that even as we all hold our breath and wait with anticipation to exhale the debacle that was 2020 into oblivion, I believe that we will see brighter days again.  That this brand new year will in many ways, help us to heal and move forward and get this damn virus under control.  Not to get all "Good ship lollipop" on you but I am just so ready to have good news, to have uneventful days, to not be restricted and be able to travel and not worry about masks or lockdowns or getting sick.  Aren't you?  I mean, I am putting it out there into the universe.  I'm praying and asking God to deliver us from this madness.  I need to believe that we will be ok.  My soul needs to believe it and expect it.  And so I do.

What are your plans to ring in 2021?  I normally go out on this night, be it to a family member's house or out with friends to a restaurant or to listen to live music.  But this year, I'm leery of going out.  The weather is supposed to suck.  -just 2020's way of twisting the knife one last time.  And I honestly am not in the mood to be out with large crowds or deal with the drunk drivers on the road.  So I will be home,  with champagne and party favors, of course.  And red lipstick.  In my pjs.  -I'm fancy like that.

Our lives were put on hold or were taken too soon.  Our hearts are broken and aching, so tonight, I will raise a glass at midnight and toast to the New Year.  To all of you, I wish a very Happy New Year!  May it be kinder to us, may it bring us good health, prosperity, love and a whole lot of laughter.  

Cheers!



6 comments:

Carrina said...

Cheers!! This weather is equivalent to a cheese grader being at the end of a shitty slide.

Yvonne said...

Carrrina- yes mam! Just like that! lol Thank you for reading my blog, come back soon :)

Sandra Cox said...

Happy New Year, Yvonne. May 2021 be bright.

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

You put to words in a powerful, eloquent what we've all been feeling.
A very Happy New Year to you, my dear friend. Much love and light to you, as you deserve.

Janie Junebug said...

I look forward to better times. It will take a while, but I have confidence we'll get there.

Love,
Janie

Yvonne said...

Janie- I do too. Amidst all this chaos, I still have hope that things will get better.

Chapter 56

The sunlight peeping through the curtains, stir her from her sleep.  Her eyes open and she rubs them a bit before sitting up in bed.  Eyes n...