Wednesday, December 4, 2019

I Can't Sleep

As much as I try to go to bed at a decent hour, I just can't.  Case in point, it's 11:45 p.m. and I'm not in bed yet.  Instead I'm sitting at my desk thinking about why I'm not asleep and scolding myself because 6:00 a.m. is going to come really fast.  But I can't help it.  I do my best thinking in the middle of the night, I top it off with a glass of worry and viola! A full blown bout of insomnia kicks in.  It doesn't happen every night, but lately it's been more frequent.  I've been slammed at work since November and here we are 3 days into December and it's only going to get worse.  I'm grateful though, to have a job to go to every day.

In other news, what's up with John Legend's new lyrics to "Baby It's Cold Outside"? Have y'all heard it yet?  Let me preface by saying that I LOVE John Legend, I love his music and his voice, he's a great composer.  But he really goofed it up with this remake.  It's a Christmas song for goodness sake! (see what I did there)  I don't get all these politically correct remakes.  I'm not going to post the new lyrics but let's just say that they suck.  There is nothing wrong with the original version.  I read somewhere that the change was brought about because the original lyrics border on the edge of date rape.  I'm sorry what? Date.Rape.  That has got to be the most ridiculous  things I have ever heard.  And let me tell you, I've heard some doozies.  Never in my life did I think the lyrics to that song were offensive or inappropriate or worse still, that it alluded to date rape.  I mean I was beside myself when I read about it and then again after I listened to the new version.  And apparently I still am since I'm up blogging about it at midnight.  What say you bloggers?

You know something else that's on my mind?  Him.  I miss him so much.  Especially during these holidays.  Thanksgiving was great and all but inside, I was hurting.  This is the first time in almost 6 years that we were not be in touch.  But you know, even though it feels like someone is stabbing my heart and pangs of hunger for him overcome me, even still, I know I made the right decision and I don't regret it.  I'm super proud of myself.  It was a long time coming.

Alright, now that I've gotten that out of the way, how about those Texans baby?  I'm not a huge football fan, but I do love when the Texans win and I especially LOVE when they beat the pesky Patriots.  Which by my accounts, had not happened since oh, sometime in 2009!  What a win for the good guys!  It was like Houston had just won the Superbowl the way everyone was celebrating here.  Aww good times.

Thanks to whoever is reading this and got this far.  I'm glad I could entertain you.  Don't forget the to tip on the way out.

Eyes are getting heavy, I hope it means I will fall asleep quickly.  Sweet dreams bloggies.

2 comments:

CWMartin said...

So, no I have stayed far away from politically "woke" singers like Legend, I've heard enough about the lyrics that I know I would hate them, and I'm busily trying to find ways NOT to hate anymore.

Pain, it seems, likes to hang on. I have a picture on my screen at work (betcha can't guess which dog) and it makes me cry every day. But it also reminds me of the good times, and the extra moments God gifted us with. It's just a matter of not chewing it over and over all the time, least in my case.

We have a guy, Phong, at work who came up from Texas and is a big Texans fan. Me? I cut the Fins loose after 45 years and will do without a team until at least current ownership is gone.

Yvonne said...

I totally get it. I think the trick to this whole life thing is to just keep going. No matter what. Keep going. And throw in some faith and a relationship with God and bam! We're golden :)

Chapter 56

The sunlight peeping through the curtains, stir her from her sleep.  Her eyes open and she rubs them a bit before sitting up in bed.  Eyes n...