Sunday, January 12, 2014

COURTESY OF AN OLD FRIEND -INSOMNIA...


if you were me...

your heart would be full
so full that you were afraid 
it was  going to spill over

you'd know how much 
i love you

you'd know my heart
is yours and no one else's

you'd make sure i never hurt
but if i did
you'd do everything you could
to make it stop

time apart from each other
would seem an eternity

you would never 
take my love for granted

today and tomorrow
would always include us

you'd wear a smile on your face
all the time

but you're not me
and life is never this perfect
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Happy Sunday, kids.

Whenever I can't sleep, I either grab a book or start writing.  Tonight I chose to play with words in my head and this is what resulted.  Ironically, my eyes are now getting heavy.  My own prose put me to sleep. :)

You know the drill, new week upon us, make it count.  I will.

Ciao.

5 comments:

David Batista said...

Lovely poem!

I'm reading this in the morning, bright-eyed and bushy tailed. So, no, your words did not put me to sleep. ;)

But I hope you got some! And by "some," I'm still talking about sleep of course.

Red Shoes said...

I have no trouble falling asleep... but I am doubting the quality of sleep that I am getting... I am too tired when I wake up...

That's not good...

blah...

~shoes~

Robin said...

Insomnia. We are good buds.

It's sad when you love someone who doesn't return that feeling in full measure. I hope that you someday meet someone who feels just as much for you as you do for him.

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

I like this profound poem, especially the last line. Life is never so perfect, is it? But I'm glad you're making creative use of your insomnia.

Blessings and hugs, Yvonne.
xoRobyn

Yvonne said...

David- BAHAHAHA! "And by "some" I'm still talking about sleep of course." That cracked me up! Glad you liked it.

Red- No that's not good, friend. Take care of yourself.

Robin- Yes, it's quite sad. Thanks for dropping by Robin. And thanks for the well wishes, I'll keep you posted. ;)

Robyn- Ha! Yes I try and make creative use of my insomnia all the time. You should see what I draw! :)

Chapter 56

The sunlight peeping through the curtains, stir her from her sleep.  Her eyes open and she rubs them a bit before sitting up in bed.  Eyes n...