Monday, September 3, 2012

my mind won't stop thinking

Hello September!  I welcome you with open arms, a happy heart and anticipation.  This is my favorite time of the year.  The weather finally has mercy on us  becomes tolerable again, marks the beginning of festival season here in Houston, fall is right around the corner, and of course, the countdown to my birthday begins.  I'll be a year older in exactly 30 days.  I've been dreading this birthday more than ever this year.  I'm having trouble coming to grips with the number I guess.  This is very uncharacteristic of me.  I LOVE celebrating my birthday.  I normally celebrate it the entire month of October.  Up until a few weeks ago, I wasn't planning on doing anything and was actually just moping around thinking about it.  But then I realized that I should be counting my blessings, be grateful for what I have and what is yet to be.  And then I snapped myself out of my funk, and quickly transformed into my old self.  Which means, let the countdown commence! The only bad thing about this time of year is the time change.  Though it won't happen for another month, I dread already.  The sun goes down so much earlier.  It makes me sad.  That's the one downfall of the Fall.

Wow.  I just had the most amazing weekend ever.  There was dancing, singing, more dancing, time with friends and family, lots of laughter, and late night shenanigans.  Good times.  It was exhausting and dehydrating (heh), but totally worth it.  I started on Friday and didn't stop until last night.  Today was all about resting and recuperating and of course, shopping.  Hey, don't judge me.  A smart girl never passes up a good sale.

You know what sucks about coming off a three day weekend?  Tomorrow I will be thinking it's Monday, ALL day.

That was my Labor Day weekend. How was yours?

Talk to me.

4 comments:

Alessandra said...

I had a very nice weekend, now I have to go back to work tomorrow, yuk. Let me the first in blog land to wish you a happy birthday, don't worry, it's just a number, if you don't like it, just change it. :)

Slyde said...

nice quiet, birthday weekend here. A block party, a family party, and frolicking in the pool...

David Batista said...

Yup, my birthday is later this week, but for me I barely ever remember it anymore. The only reason why I might this year is because I took the whole week off from work as a "stay"cation. :)

But a very happy preemptive b-day to you, Yvonne! You're still FAB-U-LOUS, so who cares? Just another day, another day . . .

Glad you had such a great weekend. Didn't do much on my end, but then that was the point. So, mission accomplished!

Yvonne said...

Alessandra- Aww, thank you! It's still a month away, but I appreciate it. And you're right, it's just a number. -Good luck going back to work! :)

Slyde- Yay! You and my brother share the same birthday. Sounds like you had a nice weekend. Frolicking is always fun! ha!

David- Awesomeness! You're off the entire week? Jealous! Hope you do something amazingly fun! Sometimes, doing nothing, is the best thing to do. And thanks for the early birthday wish! :)

Chapter 56

The sunlight peeping through the curtains, stir her from her sleep.  Her eyes open and she rubs them a bit before sitting up in bed.  Eyes n...