Monday, July 2, 2012

finding out just how magic, mike really is

monday, oh how i loathe you.  except today.  in honor of this being a short work week for me (fourth of july aaand being off on friday), i have decided to give you a pass.  therefore, i like you this week.  what's up kids? ready to tackle the week ahead?  eh, me either.

so the weekend.  right.  let's jump right into it, shall we?  friday night was uneventful and very low-key.  saturday proved a bit daunting.  the weather was just not cooperating with my plans.  it rained most, if not all morning.  so instead of going to the park to get my excercise on, i had to "plan b" it, and went to the gym instead.  after completing my work out, i went back home to prepare for the day ahead.

 i'm sure by now, you've all heard about this little movie that came out on friday, yes?  something to do with dancing and hot, sexy men and, oh yeah, nakedness, a lot of nakedness.  still clueless?  magic mike premiered over the weekend and our very own, self-proclaimed, "texas golden boy" -aka matthew mcconaughey, stars in the movie, along with channing tatum, joe manganiello, matthew bomer, and a bevy of other delectable talented actors.

so me and about 13 of my girlfriends, met for brunch and then took over the movie theater.  literally.  it was a man's wet dream in there, guys.  seriously.  there were so many women in there, all kinds, all sizes, all ages, i saw young, middle-aged, old, very old, dressed up, dressed down, all on the same mission: to see this movie.  woe to anyone who got in our way. our group was one of the rowdiest ones.  they we were laughing and yelling and high-fiving, woo-hooing, and oh-babying each other, and this was even before there was anything on the screen!  i swear, you'd think that we were about to see a "live" show or something.  the scene was unreal!  once the lights dimmed, and the movie began, i thought they we would calm down, yeah right. it only got worse!  i guarantee you that no one in that room, cared if there was a plot or even audio to this movie.  that's the truth.  overall, the movie was silly.  i could have done without the drama they put in there.  i could have gone for a lot more stripping and matthew, and channing and joe...yum!  sorry.  got carried away there.   i'm telling you, the movie theater was THE place to be for single men this weekend. can you say, "lucky"???  exactly.  one of my guy friends posted on fb that he would be outside after the movie, selling batteries (you know, for the vibrators) heh.  such an idiot, he is.  

we had a post-debriefing of the movie of course.  you know, to go over and over and over, how cute, hot and sexy the guys were.  mix in a few alcoholic drinks, and oh yeah, it made for a fabulous saturday/night.

sunday came and went in a blur.  a good part of my day was spent regretting that "just one more" glass of wine, from the night before.  bleh.  no worries.  i was up and functional by mid-day.  still manged to get myself into trouble (the good kind), and even managed another chapter in my book.  so not too bad for slightly dehydrated, little ol' me.  that's my story anyway.

7 comments:

Yvonne said...

I don't know why or how I did it, but the fourth paragraph is highlighted in white and the text is light. i apologize, it may make this difficult to read. but i don't have a clue as to how to fix it. -apologies...

Random Girl said...

I love your review of the girls night gone terribly right! Sounds like a lot of fun. I will be seeing this moving in the next few days...I MUST!

Alessandra said...

I bet you guys can't wait for it to come out on DVD uh?
:)

Don said...

I found the highlighted paragraph much easier to read. I wish your entire blog were done the same way.

David Batista said...

Blogger's been doing that recently, randomly assigning the white color code to select blocks of text. I find that it usually happens when I bold a word or sentence, actually.

You have to go into EDIT and switch to the HTML to manually delete the color code tag at the beginning and the end of the passage being affected.

Or you can just ignore it. :)

And you couldn't pay me to be in a theater where Magic Mike is on the screen. I know my wife wants to see it, but she'll probably end up watching it alone. Or maybe she'll use it as a condition to come see Spider-Man with me. Heh, heh . . . we'll see.

Yvonne said...

RG- Yes, it's a MUST SEE! :)

Alessandra- HA! We were asking if it was in 3D!!!

David- Thank you, I'll try your suggestions! Believe it or not, there was one lone male in the audience at the movies. The ONLY one. He was with his wife and looked miserable! ha! His wife told us he lost a bet, so he was paying up. I hope your wife doesn't see it by herself and takes her girlfriends. It's more fun that way! :)

Not So Simply Single said...

Gotta say I liked the naked butt of Channing Tatum...freaking HOT!

Chapter 56

The sunlight peeping through the curtains, stir her from her sleep.  Her eyes open and she rubs them a bit before sitting up in bed.  Eyes n...