Sunday, May 13, 2012

from my heart, to my mom

What can I say about my mom, that has not already been said, time and time again?  It seems the older I get, the more I understand her and appreciate all those times that she got on my nerves, or scolded me, or flat out told me, "...because I said so, that's why!", after one to many times of nagging her about something or other.  It really is true, mom's really do know best.  We don't always agree on things, and have opposite points of view on so many subjects, but I love her.  This woman.  The one that gave birth to me, sat with me when I was only a year old, and lying on a hospital bed, dying.  The one that instilled the values and the lessons that make me the woman that I am today.  The one that showed me it's okay to fall, but you have to learn to get back up, in order to succeed.  The one that showed me that I am strong, just like her.  She's a little quirky, has off the wall humor and can be oh so annoying sometimes, but I would not change her for anything in this world.  She's my best friend, my conscience, my comfort.  I love her with every fiber of my being.  And I know how fortunate I am to have her in my life.  So many others, are not as fortunate.

I may not always tell her how I feel about her.  I may not always thank her, for the billion things she does for me.  And yes, there are instances that I can still be a brat to her ( I know, I know, shocking isn't it?), but you know what? She loves me just the same.  How awesome is that?

I love you mom.

To all of you who celebrate this day, Happy Mother's Day to you and yours!


7 comments:

Belle said...

Beautiful post about your mother, Yvonne. She sounds wonderful! Isn't it great to have a good mom? My mom and I don't always agree either, but we love each other tons.

Yvonne said...

Belle- Happy Mother's Day to you! Yes it's just grand, to have a mom like mine!

Unknown said...

This is sweet! I know. I can be a brat to my mom sometimes still, too. I'm glad to know you can be, too! We still love them with all of our hearts, though. Your mother is fortunate to have you!

Slyde said...

i'm with you. As much as i've fought with my mother over the years, i've come to appreciate her so much more more in these later years... especially since ive had my own son...

Yvonne said...

Kelley- Ha! Thanks! I'm pretty lucky myself!

Slyde- That's really great!

Miss Vicki said...

Awesome post...My Mum rocks too :-)

Yvonne said...

Miss Vicky- Thanks!

Chapter 56

The sunlight peeping through the curtains, stir her from her sleep.  Her eyes open and she rubs them a bit before sitting up in bed.  Eyes n...