Sunday, September 19, 2010

Ramblings of An Exhausted Person

Today was a productive day! I went to a jazz festival for a few hours. Tons of fun and great music! I returned home and worked on my novel, I organized my bedroom (finally), I spent time with my mom and my nieces and then in the evening I met up with the girls for dinner and a movie. All in all, a fab day and night!

So now, it's 2:00 a.m. and I'm wide awake! lol I had some wine earlier and it relaxed me and took me to a good place, but as usual, sleep escapes me, even when I'm exhausted, like right now. Which can't be a good thing. Because this is when I start thinking about my life, my past, my present, my future. This is when all bets are off and your conscience demands explanations and revelations. Things can get pretty ugly, really fast! Which is why, I'm defying the "questions" the "reality check(s)" and turning off this computer! Too tired to put forth an effort to write a worthy post. Boo on me, I know.

So I take a bow, and walk off the stage, but don't worry, I'll be back tomorrow!

3 comments:

Belle said...

Always a mistake to think about serious things right before you go to bed. I used to do that and my hubby would wake up and hear me sniffling. I ruined his sleep too!
No More!
I do crosswords and read books until they fall out of my hands onto the floor. My hubby bought me an e-reader and I am paranoid about dropping it and breaking it so my side of the bed has pillows all over the floor. That way if I drop it, it won't break.
I am very talkative tonight. Like you, I had a great day. Goodnight and sweet dreams.

Shady Del Knight said...

Yvonne wrote: << Too tired to put forth an effort to write a worthy post. Boo on me, I know. >>

No way! Your followers do not require brilliance with every post.

You are not alone, Yvonne. We've all been there. Sleep deprivation has become a way of life for me. We all question the choices we made in the past, bemoan our present situation, and worry about the future. We're all fighting our own private demons. It's cathartic for us to lend our support, advice and friendship to one other.

There are a million blogs out there that are little more than cesspools of foul language, hate and negativity. I chose to follow your life because you come across in your writing as a good and decent person - one who is easy to care about. As long as you welcome our input your friends and followers will stand by you through the good, the bad and the ugly.

Damn! It's Sunday again!

Yvonne said...

Belle - thanks! I actually slept 8 hours! A miracle! lol

Shady - lol -you are so right! thanks for the support!

Chapter 56

The sunlight peeping through the curtains, stir her from her sleep.  Her eyes open and she rubs them a bit before sitting up in bed.  Eyes n...