Monday, August 9, 2010

The little things...

It's Monday, I'm seeing a the light at the end of the tunnel, I went on a great "first date", and I'm looking forward to Friday! Why you ask, or not, if you don't, bear with me as I tell you why anyway! Eat Pray Love -comes out this weekend! Soooo excited about this movie! I read the book a few years ago, when it first came out and fell in love with it. Like "Sex in the City" the movie love -but different! My girlfriends and I have already made the necessary "plans" to go watch it. Of course there is the obligatory "dinner/drinks" before hand. Something about food and alcohol makes everything all better, especially the alcohol! So, as I said, I'm seeing a light at the end of the this tunnel of blackness that I have been living in for what seems like forever! It's a faint light, but a light nonetheless!

Happy Monday!

Oh wait! I can hear my cell phone ringing now! "You went on a date???", "Who did you go out with?" and "Oh HELL NO! Spill it!!!!" ---in an effort to quiet the inquiries from friends who have nothing better to do but dote on my sometimes pathetic NON EXISTENT dating life, I will "spill" about "THE DATE".

Not much to tell really, met through mutual friends, hit if off immediately, nice, really, really, nice guy. Cute. EMPLOYED and HETEROSEXUAL!!!!! Damn I've hit the jackpot!!!! Hey, these days, these three things are super important to women -this woman anyway!

So THE GUY, he's younger than me, yes this little fact will no doubt ensue questions for another time and another blog. For now, lets just keep it simple. Where was I? Oh yeah, he's younger than me, we have commonalities and we seem to have a mutual attraction to each other. Enough said. I don't want to jinx or rush anything. So that's all any of you are getting! Besides, it was a first date, and as far as first dates go with me, I didn't want to kick his ass at the end of it, so, it was a success. Those that are familiar with my "first date" adventures will appreciate this. Those that are not, imagine Lucy Ricardo on Ritalin or Acid -same difference! Alright, will there be a second date? Higly likely. Stay tuned.

Alright, now...

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Chapter 56

The sunlight peeping through the curtains, stir her from her sleep.  Her eyes open and she rubs them a bit before sitting up in bed.  Eyes n...