Sunday, August 29, 2010

"Bless Me Father For I Have Sinned..."

I finally made it to church today! Having missed last Sunday, I really wanted to make up for it! I didn't go to the regular service I normally attend. I decided to sleep in late and go in the evening instead. The regular priest that says mass was not there. This priest was an older one, circa 70 years old I gathered. And he spoke with a very, very heavy Italian accent. So heavy that I couldn't understand him. When he gave the homily (for those non-Catholics, it's part when he reads a scripture and gives his sermon about it) I had no idea what he was saying. So, as is often the case when I go ADD, my mind began to wander. I found myself thinking about the upcoming week and all the worries, and work and oh yeah, about that person I'm not supposed to be thinking about. And then I realized what I was doing and immediately just started praying! I mean, if I couldn't understand the priest, the least I could do was pray -I was in church after all! Ugh! This is not good! I really wanted to get something out of the sermon! It doesn't or it won't feel like I went to church because even though I was physically there, I wasn't -does that make sense? Sigh, perhaps that's why after the service, I stayed and said some extra Hail Marys and Our Fathers and "Please God, forgive mees..." But I'm glad I went. I'm not perfect, I'm not a "holy roller", I'm a big sinner who tries to live her life the best she can. Sometimes I go off course, but for the most part I'm good. :)

1 comment:

Belle said...

Manys the time I've gone to church and day-dreamed. We don't go any more, we worship God at home.
Sometimes when I am praying, I start thinking of what I have to do today and forget I'm praying! We all do it I think. No big deal, God understands us.

Chapter 56

The sunlight peeping through the curtains, stir her from her sleep.  Her eyes open and she rubs them a bit before sitting up in bed.  Eyes n...