Saturday, September 13, 2014

september: in with a bang! literally...

As the title of this post says, September did indeed come in with a bang and then some.  I was involved in a car accident on Wednesday afternoon.  For the most part, I'm fine.  I mean, I have very ugly looking bruises all over my body, my neck has a few lacerations, hurts like a b****! And my arm is killing me.  I'm grateful for pain medication.  But as I said, for the most part, I'm fine.  Thank God.  My car on the other hand, is not.  It died instantly.  I watched it fall apart before my eyes, pieces falling off, smoke coming out of it, it was painful to watch.  We had a good run, albeit a short one.  But alas, life goes on.



In other news, I have recently come to the realization that the Love bug has it out for me.  Seriously. Otherwise, how else can you explain how it keeps playing dirty tricks on me?  Latest trick?  Letting me meet a wonderful and exceptionally sweet and kind man.  Dangling him in front of me, letting me fall for him only to learn, that we met at the  wrong time in our lives.  Timing is everything.  Apparently, I keep sleeping through the alarm.  As I let out a deep sigh, I lick my wounds and go on with life.  After all? The alternative would be death and I'm just not ready for that yet.  heh.

Friends and family have been so great about checking on me and making sure I was ok.  The fact is, I have a lot of people in my  life that love me and care for and worry for me.  And my  cup overflows.  I have nothing to be down about.  I'm richer beyond whatever worth money could ever bring me.  Not going to lie though, a few Benjamins in my pocket would be nice, but if that never happens, I am still wealthy in love and family and friends.  Who could ask for more?

It's Saturday afternoon kids, make it a great one.

xoxo


6 comments:

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

Oh no, that's looks HORRIBLE. I'm so sorry, but I'm also so glad you are mostly fine. Thank goodness.

As for the man, I don't know. I think if it's really meant to be with someone, timing will be right even if it's wrong. You know? He probably wasn't the right one, especially if he's married or otherwise attached.

Smooth healing and grateful thoughts to you.

xoRobyn

BB said...

I leave you alone for a few weeks/months and you go and get banged up! I have to keep my eye on you I guess. LOL. Seriously, I'm so sorry to hear about your injuries. I was in one once and had similar sounding injuries and my car looked like yours so I understand totally how much you're hurting. Take care of YOU so you can find that perfect man!! He's out there somewhere isn't he?!! Ha. You are so right that you are richer than most. That's exactly how I feel and I haven't got a pot to you know what in! LOL Sending lots of hugs and healing energies so you can recover quickly. XX

David Batista said...

Oh NO!!! I hope you aren't too banged up--and no, I don't mean THAT kind of banged. We could all use a little more of that kind! ;) But I hope you are healing well. Will u be going after any compensation as a result of your injuries? I know you work in the legal world, so you probably know best which steps to take.

Take care of yourself, bucko. Lots of people love you! :)

Red Shoes said...

Oh NO!!!!!

When you said it started with a 'Bang," I guess I was alot like David up there... my thoughts went straight to the gutter...

HAH!!!

... but I am glad you are much better, dear...

~shoes~

'Yellow Rose' Jasmine said...

Goodness Yvonne- Although I can tell you are super lucky to have made it through in any shape at all, that picture makes my heart hurt!
Thank goodness you are still with us. I still need to get to visit you in Houston, girl! Take it easy!

Yvonne said...

RR- Thank you so much! It's been a bit overwhelming and painful but Im almost 100 percent again. :)

BB- Thanks hon! It feels good to know I'm not alone in this plight. :)

David- haha, no no kind "banging" going on! Thanks so much sweets! :)

Red- Hey you! Ha! Everyone's mind is in the gutter it seems. Hmm... I am feeling tons better, thank you!

YRJ- Yes for sure! Come visit me! :)

Chapter 56

The sunlight peeping through the curtains, stir her from her sleep.  Her eyes open and she rubs them a bit before sitting up in bed.  Eyes n...