Friday, November 18, 2011

change is coming

It's official.  The Houston Astros have been sold and will be moved to the American League in 2013.  Excuse me while I throw up a little in my mouth.  To say that I am totally bummed out about this new deal, would be an understatement. First, no offense to anyone out there but, I HATE the American League. I've been a National League kind of girl since I went to my first Astros game at the Astrodome, way back when.  Why does Texas need two American league teams?  The Rangers are doing just fine on their own.  Ok so my beloved Astros have seen better days, and yes they totally sucked this year.  But still, why the American league?  That's not the solution that so many of us in Houston were looking for!  There are talks among the masses of boycotting the upcoming season and forgetting about their home team altogether. But I could never do that.  I'm not a fair-weathered fan. Is that so wrong? :)

Alright.  I just needed to get that off my chest.  There is one teeny, tiny, silver lining in all of this, . two words: Derek Jeter.

Good night!

3 comments:

Belle said...

I hate it when teams move to a different city etc. Drives me crazy. I don't know the difference in the leagues though. :(

Anonymous said...

I like the symmetry of six divisions with five teams, but the repercussions of it are just mind-boggling. From an outsider's perspective it would appear that a Houston-Texas rivalry would be kinda cool. But they did come within a strike of winning the WS and the Astros, um... didn't. So yeah, I wouldn't wanna play them 18x a year, either.

As for Jeter...UGH! I'm so tired of him up in the Northeast. His damn Ford commercial is on ever 30 seconds! Are there no other attractive ballplayers? What about Ryan Braun? Grady Sizemore? Brian Wilson? lol.

Hope I didn't ruin this week's HIMYM for ya. I know you saw the Slutty Pumpkin ep right away, so I figured I was safe. Next time, if I need to comment on one i'll yell SPOILER ALERT!!! :)

Yvonne said...

Belle - lol I don't think they are moving from Houston, just the league they play in.

Insomniac- Ha!No you didn't ruin it for me at all! Yeah yeah I know the 'stros haven't come as close as the Rangers in terms of winning a world series. I try not to think about the World Series where they were beat down! lol Ugh, still hurts. Anway, no, no, no, I can't stand the Rangers!!! Oh and Jeter is hot, and to answer your question, yes, most definitely there are way hotter guys other than him. I just named him because of the American League affiliation. Bleh! We'll see how this will pan out.

Chapter 56

The sunlight peeping through the curtains, stir her from her sleep.  Her eyes open and she rubs them a bit before sitting up in bed.  Eyes n...