Friday, January 14, 2011

A whole lotta nothin

Hall and Oates used to sing a song called "Open All Night".  I  thought it apropos for this post. (For all you youngsters, before New Kids on the Block existed, there was a duo called Hall & Oates).  I used to be a  stalker groupie.  More on that later.  Where was I? Oh yes,  sleep evades me.  And so I'm here, writing.  My blog is Open All Night.  Get it? Ha! Lame attempt at humor, I know.  It's Friday morning (technically speaking of course) and oh what a week I've had!  I'm so happy it's almost over!  In the immortal words of Fred Flinstone, "Yabadabadooooo!" 

Random at 12:30 a.m. is kind of tricky.  You never know what is going on in this head of mine.  My boss (the owner of the firm, not the Prima donna) gave me a bottle of wine today.  Just because.  It's my favorite kind of wine too!   Pity, that I won't be able to enjoy it until April.  (on account of the whole self-imposed drinking ban and all.)  Pity indeed.

What else? Oh yeah, I heard from the 29 year old last night. Remember him? He is the one that I met my birthday weekend back in October.  The one that disappeared immediately after and then reappeared weeks later? Yeah him.  So, he called out of the blue last night.  He said he was thinking of me and wanted to say hi.  Aww, how nice of you!  Um, but did you really have to call at 1:00 a.m.??? Yeah. Needless to say,  I don't think he will be calling me again.  Words are lethal my friends, lethal! 

Moving on, I'm going to go see my friend Gustabo play tomorrow night.  Gustabo is a friend of mine who plays in a cover band.  They're a lot of fun and I will no doubt, be doing a lot of dancing! *Gustabo* is a fictitious name I use to protect the innocent and the not so innocent. All of my male counterparts are named *Gustabo*


I'm re-reading this as I write it and I'm sorry to say it's pretty pathetic.  My apologies.  I'll make up for it this week-end.  I think I'll try and go to sleep -again.  If you made it this far, I applaud you and thank you! You're all da BEST! 


And on that note, I'm off! I gotta see a pillow about some sleep.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the name Gustabo. I hope you have fun saving the moment until you can sip wine again and watching your friend's cover band! :D

http://theadorkableditzmissteps.blogspot.com

not displayed said...

Sounds like a booty call miss Yvonne. I really liked this post. Hope the weekend goes well

Shady Del Knight said...

I agree with Mynx. A call at 1am ain't nothin' but a booty call! You are making lots of smart choices now. Keep working your plan and the right Gustabo will come along.

Yvonne said...

Ditz- thanks girlie! i'm sure i will have a blasty blast! :)

Mynx - ha! that's exactly what it was! boys are so dumb.

Shady-i hope so shady, i hope so...

Belle said...

I had a boyfriend when I was sixteen, his name was Mike. We dated almost a year and he started calling more infrequently as time went on. I remember laying on my bed crying because he hadn't called for two weeks.

The phone rings and there he is asking me out. I told him, "Do you think I sit around all day waiting for you to call?" And hung up. I stared at the phone in horror. Oh well, that was it from Mike. I had to move on.

Unknown said...

Ha! I like that last line: I gotta see the pillow about some sleep. I'm going to try to use that one soon. :)

Thanks so much for playing Captcha Balderdash this week! I keep reading your definition for REELPO and laugh every time. So simple, yet so funny! If you get a chance, would you mind stopping by soon and voting for your favorite?

Have a great weekend!

Jess said...

Have fun seeing Gustabo play.
I love that name!
Jess

Yvonne said...

Belle - great story! and good for you for telling him off. (even if you felt bad for doing so)

Kelly -thanks for dropping by! i hope you come back again! glad you liked it!

Jess- Ugh! It turns out I didn't go after all. I went to dinner but halfway through I started feeling really sick. So, I came home. Booo! :( It's okay, there's always tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

PS

Blog love at my place!

Yvonne said...

Ditz- thanks chica!

Chapter 56

The sunlight peeping through the curtains, stir her from her sleep.  Her eyes open and she rubs them a bit before sitting up in bed.  Eyes n...