Saturday, January 1, 2011

The Aftermath -NYE 2010

Happy first day of the new year bloggers! How has everyone's first day of 2011 been so far? My first day started way too early. I had just drifted off to an alcohol-induced slumber, when I was awakened what seemed like minutes later, by my two crazy girlfriends! The reason? They were starving and the fridge was bare and they insisted we go out for breakfast -NOW! Here's the thing, we got in at 3:00 a.m., stayed up talking and laughing hysterically until 4:00 a.m. and at 8:00 a.m. these two freaks were waking me up! WTF?? Seriously? I think we were all still a bit drunk too. But hey, being the "team player" that I am, I dragged myself up and got ready to venture out on the first day of the brand spanking new year. Sporting dark sunglasses and after downing some aspirin, we were finally ready. Over breakfast, we relived all the crazy antics from the night before. One of my girlfriend's wanted to know why she had a big bruise on her ankle. "Gee I don't know, could that fall you took in the parking lot have anything to do with it?" Bahahaha! "I fell?" There were many more "black-out" moments like this that each one of us had to tell about the other. All of which each of us would deny. "What? No I didn't!" and "I did not do that! You're lying!" All the while knowing no one was lying! So that was how our breakfast went, we laughed, looked at the pictures, laughed some more and all agreed that last night was the best time ever. And it really was. Normally, I stay close to home on New Year's Eve, surrounded by family and very few close friends. But this year I really wanted to go out and do something different. And so I did. I got together with two of my friends who happen to be sisters. And Cuban. God help me! lol We went to a hotel for an evening of dancing and mingling with the pretty people. I was also super excited because for the first time in years, I was not the designated driver. Something I took full advantage of believe me! So what if I was moving in slow motion all day today? And so what if I was so dehydrated that I couldn't drink water fast enough!

I hesitated posting something tonight because I am so tired and my brain is not totally functioning. And I know that whatever I wrote would be less than my best. But I really, really, wanted to have something written on 1/1/11. So this is what you get. Yeah, yeah, I'm cheesy like that. Oh and because I know you're just dying to know, I sure did sport my red thong! Don't judge! I'm on a mission this year and need all the help I can get! ;)

"Merry New Year" everybody!

8 comments:

not displayed said...

OMG I totally forgot to wear mine. That is probably why you had a much better NYE than me. Hugs

Shady Del Knight said...

Mynx - Don't feel bad. I also forgot to wear my red thong!

Yvonne - Your NYE sounds like Sex and the City meets The Hangover. I'm glad to know that your future's so bright you had to wear shades! Happy new year!

Alessandra said...

You know what they say; "whatever you do the 1st of the year, you'll do all year!' Hope you have enough aspirin and sunglasses.....
Glad you had a good NYE

Average Girl said...

That a girl... shake what your momma gave ya! I didn't shake anything... I just sat on my ass waiting for 10:30 so I could go to bed! Wish I was hanging with you instead!

Belle said...

It is great you went out and did something different on New Years Eve! Good for you. I don't have any thongs. A string up your butt just looks uncomfortable!

ISRAEL CARRASCO said...

You can't go wrong with alcohol and good company. That never gets dull. I'm glad you had fun. Stay positive in 2011.

Yvonne said...

Mynx -hahaha, thanks for the hug!

Shady - thanks now i need mind bleach!!! lol happy new year to you as well my friend!

Alessandra- wow, is that what they say? lol then i'm in big trouble!!! :)

AG - Stick with me kid, we'll go places! lol Oh and I did plenty of shaking don't worry! :)

Belle - lmao! yes thongs are MOST uncomfortable! but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do! :) i hope your new year is grand!

Israel - Without a doubt! Good company and alcohol make for great times! And I'm determined to make my life as positive as I can -no matter what! :)

Anonymous said...

New Year's for me was very chill, same for New Year's Eve!

http://theadorkableditzmissteps.blogspot.com/

Chapter 56

The sunlight peeping through the curtains, stir her from her sleep.  Her eyes open and she rubs them a bit before sitting up in bed.  Eyes n...