Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas Eve-Eve

I woke up today in a panic. Not because I had another nightmare, but because when I opened my eyes and looked out the window, the sun was shinning. "Shit!" I jumped out of bed and ran to the bathroom to brush my teeth! All I kept thinking was, "I'm late! Fuck! I'm late!" Just then, mouth full of toothpaste, it dawned on me that I was off today. No need to go to the office. Bleh! I hate when that happens! So I finished brushing, and relieved, stumbled back to my comfy bed. It was there, in bed, that I went over my To Do List for today.

1. Brave the crowds and hit the malls in search of one more gift
2. Quick trip to the liquor store(hey, something's gotta get me through this madness!)
4. Wrap all the goodies I bought
5. Bake treats for our family get together tomorrow night

Sigh, so much to do! Just thinking about all of that made me tired. Hopefully this evening I'll be able to meet up with a friend who flew in from Vegas to be with his family for Christmas. I haven't seen him in years so I'm looking forward to that! I think we may go dancing!

Santa's coming peeps! Now go get ready, I am! :)

8 comments:

Cinderita said...

Yvonne. Wishing you a magical holiday weekend! I hope Santa brings you more than you asked for! xoxo

Shady Del Knight said...

Merry Christmas, Yvonne! It's been a pleasure getting to know you this year. Stay safe.

Robin said...

The start of your post had me chuckling. Merry Christmas!

Alessandra said...

Hope you have a great Christmas with your family. Glad to have found you
:)

Yvonne said...

Busy day. Wishing you a wonderful holiday from one Yvonne to another.
Yvonne

Belle said...

Have a great time with your friend! I got my beer today.

Yvonne said...

All -
Thank you so much for your kind words and wishes! I'm a lucky girl!

Shirazi said...

Happy blogging and happy Christmas.

Chapter 56

The sunlight peeping through the curtains, stir her from her sleep.  Her eyes open and she rubs them a bit before sitting up in bed.  Eyes n...