Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Lullaby

Sitting in the dark
night has fallen
All is quiet
except the orchestra performing outside
The rain is falling hard
as if the skies are angry
I can hear the wind -the accompaniment
Fierce
And yet, the storm soothes me
beckons me to sleep.
___________________________________
I love thunderstorms. Something about them always makes me want to get a book, a glass of wine and a blanket. I sometimes think that our weather is slightly schizo or OCD. I mean, we don't just get a "little rain" oh no, we get a deluge! It can't be a "little" hot, it's gotta be unbearably so! -Houston, I love this city, but it's got issues! :)

No comments:

Chapter 56

The sunlight peeping through the curtains, stir her from her sleep.  Her eyes open and she rubs them a bit before sitting up in bed.  Eyes n...