Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Wrong number

To the idiot that decided to call me  in the wee hours of the morning, I hope you die a thousand times in misery.  So last night I went to bed extremely tired. I was so sleepy by 9:30 p.m. that I couldn't even keep my eyes open. (I know, I can't believe it either.)  So I went to bed. Fell fast asleep and was having this incredible dream when the incessant ringing of my cell phone woke me.  Immediately, my heart started pounding as I reached for the phone.  It startled me. No one calls me this late anymore.  For a split second I let myself believe or hope that it was HIM.  I had to blink a few times to focus but when I did, sadly, I noticed that not only did I not recognize the number, but the area code was not one from Texas. WTF?  So, I placed the phone back on the nightstand and tried to go back to sleep.   A few minutes later, the phone rings again, same number.  I still don't answer and try to go back to sleep.  When it rang a third time, I answered it.  Only to be hung up on.  Arrrrgh!  I was pissed! I lay back down but I couldn't fall asleep.  By this time, my anger turned to melancholy.  You see, secretly, deep, deep in my heart of hearts, I wanted it to be someone else.  There is only one person that is privy to me that late (or early -all in how you look at it) at night.  And since "HIM", even the guys that I have dated, don't call me past 10 or 11 at night.  Sigh, so I let myself think about "HIM".  My mind traveled to the "forbidden zone" and I closed my eyes, with pictures of him on my mind.  And I lulled myself to sleep.  Great way to doze off, don't you think?

Funny, I had not thought about him in a while, and today, I couldn't get him out of my mind.  I wondered how he was doing.  If he was happy.  I hope he is!  No matter how the story went, he made me happy, even if it was just a fleeting moment.   Wistful thoughts, and a huge grin on my face.  That was me today.

Sometimes wrong numbers aren't such a bad thing after all.  Ok "wrong number person", I guess you can live and don't have to die a thousand times in misery after all. I take it back. 

13 comments:

Cinderita said...

lol..well that came out differently than I would've thought reading that first line. :)

Jennifer Hillier said...

I find that whenever I'm thinking about somebody a lot, I hear from them within the next day or two. Happens frequently. A bit weird, huh?

Cinderita said...

Ahhh yes. Law of attraction at it's finest.

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

I hate late night phone calls as I always think at first that something is wrong.......lol

'Yellow Rose' Jasmine said...

Yup that good old law of attraction at work again. I do the thing with thinking of someone and seeing them too.
But this was not quite that and yet kind of more interesting. Wonder who delivered your nice memories...
I never answer calls from numbers I don't know. Too many crazy relatives. ;)

Don said...

I'll swear on a stack of Bibles that it wasn't me calling. I go to sleep earlier than that. But I would stay awake and give you call just to hear your voice and flirt with you, Yvonne, ......if I had your phone number. :-)

David Batista said...

Yeah, like Jen said . . . I've noticed that sometimes the person I'm thinking about really intensely usually calls very shortly after. Sometimes within minutes!

What IS that, anyway? :)

And--whoa! You went to be bed super early! I know I should go to sleep earlier, myself, but since I'm such a night owl I usually don't turn in until midnight. And this is despite my best efforts. Something always seems to keep me up (mostly writing, or reading a good book).

Random Girl said...

talk about a trigger!! I sometimes get the same thing, when the phone rings at a certain time, it could ONLY be him...it usually isn't but it's nice to think about the memory from time to time.

Yvonne said...

Rita- I like to keep everyone guessing! lol

Jen- I've had that happen to me as well. But not in this case. In this case, I don't think I will ever hear from him again... :(

Jo-Anne- Yah, so do I! That was another reason my hear started pounding.

YRJ- I don't answer numbers I don't know either, but by the third time I was like, "Ugh, ok!!!"
To answer your question, someone that means the world to me, gave me those "memories" :)

David- I'm a total night owl. I think I was just THAT tired. Most nights I'm not asleep until after midnight or later. :)

Don- ha, you're funny.

RG- It sure is nice to revisit those memories. The only thing that sucks is afterwards, the longing...

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

That's a good way to make positive use of such a rude awakening.
xoRobyn

Unknown said...

I'm glad that wrong number brought some happy memories for you!

Yvonne said...

Robyn - Ha! I agree!

Kelley- Me too :)

The Frisky Virgin said...

Oh, I hate when the brain goes to that forbidden zone about a "HIM." It's like you work hard to keep it from that zone--you even train the brain cells to stay out of there, but they defy you and most of the time you realize you're on the ragged edge of thinking about HIM anyway.

Um, yeah, got carried away there. Um. Yeah. Well...okay...reckon the brain needs a little more training.

Chapter 56

The sunlight peeping through the curtains, stir her from her sleep.  Her eyes open and she rubs them a bit before sitting up in bed.  Eyes n...