Thursday, October 13, 2011

So you wanna break-up? Think again!

So in the local news (although by now I'm sure it's gone national) last night, there was a story about a woman scorned who went a little nutty after her boyfriend broke up with her.  She boasted of emailing and calling her ex-boyfriend over a thousand times. A thousand times. Who does that???  Scratch that.  Why do that???  She also created a blog over the summer and has pages and pages of stories and reasons why she hates this man, loves this man, and why he will regret what he did to her.  She even posts music to her blog.  One of those songs  was Elton John's "Sorry seems to be the hardest word"  Ironic much?  Oh yeah, and she egged his house twice and backed her car into his parked car.  -Sounds perfectly healthy to me.  NOT.  She's since been arrested and is awaiting arraignment.  What is wrong with this woman?  Ok, so a few boyfriends ago, I may have become oh, what's the word, "UPSET" with one of him over something. And I may have thrown a thing or two at him.  Nothing that would really hurt him though, my shoe and a book.  That's all.  But that's about it. And as angry or hurt as I have been, I have never gotten to that "stalker" point or "crazed and deranged" point.  That's not to say that it can't happen. Because let's face it, men sometimes make us do some pretty outlandish stuff! But I'm pretty confident in saying that I don't think I would ever stoop that low.  What's the point?  The only one looking like an ass is "you" or "us" -eh, you know what I mean.  There's no fun in that.  Or even vindication.  Besides, I always leave it to my girl Karma. She always gets her man.  What about you? Ever email or call a significant other a billion times? Share with me. 

So today is my Friday. I'm off tomorrow and will be traveling to get some much needed  fun in the sun.   No, I still haven't packed yet.  But I did buy plenty of sunscreen. That's a start right? Sheddup.  Mere technicalities!  I'll be sure and have a drink or ten while on the beach and toast you guys! 

That's it for now.  Be good and have a great weekend!

Ciao!

12 comments:

Random Girl said...

Oh a vaca...how fun! I hope you have a lovely time!
As for the crazy girl stuff...it's never been my thing. Stalking would take too much energy, and I get bored easily. Besides, the thinking behind "if I stalk him crazily enough, he will realize how much he loves me" is just a thought process I can't get behind.

Jennifer Hillier said...

Did she also boil his bunny rabbit? Because if she didn't, I'm sure she thought about it.

Rejection is a tough thing. It's horrible to feel like you've been rejected by someone you care about. But time does heal most everything, and the last thing you want is look back and cringe at how badly you handled your situation.

Have a great vacation, Yvonne! :)

Yvonne said...

RG- I know! Right? It's too draining to me. I've known some women who do that and I'm watching them and thanking God I am not in their shoes. -Thanks, I will have a blasty blast! :)

Jennifer- Bahaha! I'm sure she thought about it too! -Thank you, I will drink to your new book! :)

The Frisky Virgin said...

Whoa. Crazy woman. See, it's stories like these that give men all the ammunition they need to remain bachelor-players and the level headed, chill girls suffer for it.

I've never gone all Fatal Attraction or crazy bitch. Mainly, I just think of them fondly as a**holes then go about my merry way. :)

'Yellow Rose' Jasmine said...

Wait a minute... you live where I would like to be to have more sun in my life and you're going away to get sun?! Huh?!
Wasn't it just like yesterday that y'all were so hot all summer long?
Just kidding, I get it.
Once I get where it's sunny I'll probably miss it as soon as its not blaring down and 100 degrees as well.
As to the crazy woman, nope never done that or had it done to me. Except by a mentally ill old friend that thought she'd try to take over all my other friends when I finally got off her crazy @$$ roller coaster. It was awful.

Alessandra said...

Wish I was getting some sun myself, I'm almost white now, yuck. Crazy psycho bitch needs to get a life, right after she gets her head examined.

Belle said...

Nope, I've never stalked or harassed anyone. Once, when I was 16, I spent all my Xmas money on a boy I was crazy about. I left it at his front door. That was as nutty as I have ever been. Have a great time in the sun!

Don said...

Yvonne, I'll follow you to the beach to apply that sunscreen on your bod, and if you try to run, I'll kick sand in your face. :-)

not displayed said...

that is really kinda sad. And now she will forever be labled a complete nutter.

Hope you have an amazing holiday

Yvonne said...

FV-AHAHAHA! That's because most of them are assholes! :)

YRJ- yeah but have you seen OUR beach? Exactly! I can only take so much brown ocean! lol

Alessandra- haha! She's still in jail as far as I know.

Belle- Eh, I've done the same as you, too many times! lol Great time was had! :)

Don- You're seriously creeping me out. Please stop.

Mynxie- She's a nut job alright. I had an awesome time! :)

Unknown said...

That is crazy! She is crazy! No, I may have called him that many times in my head, though.

Have fun in the sun!

Yvonne said...

Yeah, that's as far as I go too! THINKING about it! lol

Chapter 56

The sunlight peeping through the curtains, stir her from her sleep.  Her eyes open and she rubs them a bit before sitting up in bed.  Eyes n...