Wednesday, October 19, 2011

What I Did On My Post-Summer Vacation

I'm baaaack! Relaxed, tanned and hella tired.  But happy.  What's up guys? How is everyone?  What's new?  I don't know about you, but I've been dragging all week! And it's only Wednesday mind you. It could be because I partied like a rock star all weekend, or I'm just allergic to returning to the confines of an office. Or maybe I'd rather be out playing in the gorgeous weather we've been having!  I think it's a combination of all three.  What do you think?  My mini getaway was much needed and deserved.  I only wish I could have stayed longer.  I went to Panama City Beach, FL. over the weekend.  Wow.  It's absolutely beautiful there! I'm a lover of sand and water, so to me, it was nirvana. Our hotel was directly on the beach, so you know I was out there or the pool area about 99.5 percent of the time.  Can you blame me? I had access to everything out there.  Cabana boys to bring me drinky drinks, or towels or just to stare at.  There was a dj in the pool area that played on the ones and twos (heh) cranking out all kinds of tunes and there was a never ending buffet of food available to us at any given time,  to keep us sober to make sure we kept our energy.  I didn't do a lot of sight-seeing. My one and only goal was to go lay on the beach and do a whole lotta nuthin. And I did.   Interestingly enough, everyone we met there was super friendly.  You know me, I never meet a stranger.  So in no time I was making plans with new found friends.  We met this group of guys who were there for a fishing tournament (yeah, I didn't get it either) and surprise, surprise, they hailed from Houston.  Friday night we were in their company for dinner. And the following day, I decided I all of a sudden knew how to play volleyball, and joined in on what I thought was going to be a friendly co-ed game. O.M.G.  Those volleyball players mean business! They don't mess around. I missed an opportunity to spike the ball back to our opponents once, and the looks I got from my teammates were so intense they made the hair on my skin rise!  Needless to say, I took myself out of the game not too long after.  But it was all good. After they won, they came over and high-fived me and said, "No hard feelings."  Um, no, none at all.  Moving on.

The sunsets there are beyond words.  Truly amazing and breathtaking.  I took shots with my camera and hope to have some up soon to share with you.  All in all, my quick getaway was two snaps and a neck roll kind of fun!

This was the view from our balcony. Enjoy!



 

13 comments:

Belle said...

What a view! Sounds like a perfect place to go. Glad you had so much fun. Good for you, you do deserve it!

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

Looks wonderful. Glad you had a great vacation.
xoRobyn

The Frisky Virgin said...

Ooooooooooooooooooooh, what a gorgeous view!!!

You are too sweet to think of me and try to get a Dale Jr. autograph while on your vacation!!! *Hugs* I can only imagine his face had he asked who to make it out to and you reply with, "The Frisky Virgin." LOL

I'm so glad you had a wonderful vacation!!!

Alessandra said...

That's gorgeous, I so envy you, sand and water is my kind of thing too, so I would have done exactly the same as you. Glad you had a great time :)

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

What a view love it and today we are having a beautiful day also.......
although I do not have much to do today I feel like I haven't stopped all day and all I have done is go take Leo to day care, went to the denture clinic, did 2 loads of washing and swept out the house......

David Batista said...

My best friend used to live there, actually. It really is a very nice beach place. One of the best in the country!

I'm so glad you had an awesome time. Wow, you make friends easily! That's no surprise. :)

'Yellow Rose' Jasmine said...

How absolutely beautiful. Sounds wonderful!
I love a beach with REAL sand.

not displayed said...

Glad you had a wonderful time. I love holidays like that

ISRAEL CARRASCO said...

I need a vacation! How was the humidity?

Don said...

Yvonne, if you drove, you could have shortened the trip and frolicked at Gulf Shores, Alabama, the "Redneck Riviera". Many people who have been to both places say Gulf Shores has the prettiest beach.

My older daughter has a vacation place at Destin, Florida that she might have rented out to you had I known you were coming this way.

Whatever, I'm pleased for you that you enjoyed yourself.

Yvonne said...

Israel- NO humidity whatsoever! I had the best hair days! lol Everyone needs to take a vacation, even a small one. DO IT!

Unknown said...

It IS so beautiful! So happy for you! I love it. By the way, volleyball makes me so nervous. I always don't hit it right and get those mean looks. I never play anymore!

Yvonne said...

Belle- I did have a great, great time!

Robyn- I did, thank you!

FV- ha! I hadn't even thought of that! Girl! Imagine! lol

Alessandra- Everyone needs getaways like this from time to time!

David- What a great place to live! And yeah, I've always made friends easily! :)

Jo-Anne- the view from any angle was beautiful!

YRJ- real sand is heaven!

Mynx- thank you!

Kelley- Oh I know! I got those "I'm gonna smack you" stares! lol

Chapter 56

The sunlight peeping through the curtains, stir her from her sleep.  Her eyes open and she rubs them a bit before sitting up in bed.  Eyes n...