Tuesday, October 25, 2011

i kissed a skeleton, and i liked it.

Greetings and salutations bloggies!  You know what sucks? The fact that I woke up this morning convinced it was Wednesday.  I even did my "happy middle of the week -it's almost Friday dance" too! It wasn't until I was driving in to work that the djs on the radio mentioned it was Tuesday. Whaaaaat? Whomp, whomp, whomp, waaaaah!  Anyway, how's everyone doing? Tell me about your weekend.  Was it as crazy as mine?  No? Oh come on, you know it was!

My weekend was filled with a birthday happy hour for a friend on Friday, a crazy costume party with friends on Saturday night and a kids Halloween party the day AFTER the the crazy costume party. BIG mistake -for me anyway.  Suffice to say say I downed aspirin like candy all afternoon. 

Is it me? Or does wearing a costume make you a feel a little bit more daring, more with the "I don't give a crap!" attitude?  Or, is it just that playing dress-up somehow buys you a "Do/Say whatever you want" pass for the night?  Hmm.  Just a thought swirling around in my head.  The reason I'm asking is because the party that I went to on Saturday night brought out the inner stalker/bitch/hottie/sexy in everyone it seems.  Ever the observant observer that I am, -heh,  I watched as people who normally are more reserved and quiet, suddenly upon donning their costume -no matter if they were Superman or a bowling pin, or Little Red Riding Hood or The Most Interesting Man in the World, all of sudden lost all inhibition and threw caution to the wind.  Almost akin to a child playing dress-up.  Almost.  I don't know, what do you think?  I tend to agree that wearing a costume somehow makes us feel slightly powerful in our minds and our actions.  Take me for instance, I spotted a hot, sexy, very attractive man sitting all alone on the sofa.  I wasted no time in walking over there, introducing myself and letting him sit on MY lap.  What? He was lonely. And bony.  Very bony.  We kissed and even danced.  Ok, so never mind that it was skeleton and never mind that it was lifeless (as so many of my dates are), still, in my head and in my eyes, he was alive and hot.  And for a dance, all mine.  But you see, I would have done that even if I wasn't wearing a costume.  I don't need to dress-up in costume to act like that either.  Oh no! I'm like that twenty four hours a day, 365 days a year. Ask my friends.  Ok I'm also totally full of it too! I wouldn't do it if I wasn't in costume.  Me? Kiss a lifeless object?  Bahahahahaha!  Oh and in case you're wondering, I was dressed as a biker chick -minus the bike.  I looked hilarious. Take my word for it. 

Alright, so I've babbled long enough. My postings have been inconsistent lately, I realize this.  It's just I've got "life" stuff happening right now that needs my attention. But I miss this place a lot. I'll be back to my old self in a few weeks. Promise.

Happy TUESDAY guys!  Hope it's BOO-tiful! :)

9 comments:

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

I have never worn a costume but I reckon it would make a person feel they can act the fool and do things they would not normaly do it is as if you can hide behind the costume....like it really isn't you who is doing such things.......lol

The Frisky Virgin said...

Costumes are magic. There, I said it. ;)

Sounds like you had a great weekend!!! I need a great weekend, outside of rooting for my teams, of course. :)

'Yellow Rose' Jasmine said...

Yup, this is so true! As long as I avoid the dumb costumes that have something that gets in my way and makes it hard to even move, I'm good. I feel as if I can do anything.
Last year I went as Little Red Riding Hood. I love that costume. It's sweet and yet a little naughty- going off in the woods all alone and running into the big bad wolf. Yes, my husband went as the wolf. How did you guess?!

Anonymous said...

Isn't it Wednesday? D:

Belle said...

I went to one of those "Murder" parties and got to dress up like a duchess. It did make me more outgoing! You can be a different person in a costume. Sounds like you had a great time at the party. Loved the title of your post!

David Batista said...

I've never been to one of these, nor dressed in a costume, so I wouldn't know. But now that I think of it, it *does* sound like fun!

And, LOL! at kissing a skeleton. I thought you were being figurative and kissed a really skinny dude. So I was thinking: Way to go, you! But now I see what you did there. :)

Hmmm, I wonder now how I might behave if I wore a costume? Good food for thought, Yvonne. Thanks for this post!

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

Happy almost Thursday, bootiful lady.
xoRobyn

Deidre said...

I hate when I wake up feeling like it is one day and then realising tragically it is another!

Yvonne said...

Jo-Anne- Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too.

FV- I wish!

David- lol I'm forward at times, but not THAT forward! :)

YRJ- The couple hosting the party were dressed as Little Red Riding Hood and the Big Bad Wolf! lol

IF- ha! Now it's Friday.

Belle- I've always wanted to go to one of those! I bet it was fun!

Robyn- thank you!

Deidre- Don't you just hate that???

Chapter 56

The sunlight peeping through the curtains, stir her from her sleep.  Her eyes open and she rubs them a bit before sitting up in bed.  Eyes n...