Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Clean Slate!

Happy Tuesday bloggies! (what's left of it)  How is everyone?  Well, after yesterday's tragic news, and the somber mood I fell into afterwards, I'm happy to report that I am almost 100 percent better today!  Yay! Although still saddened and in mourning, I find solace in knowing that he is in a better place and that *F and her children will in time, be just fine.  They have a lot of support, they have family and many, many friends, but most of all, they have faith.  So do I, everything will get better, I feel it in my heart of hearts.  Thank you to all of you who commented and emailed me.  Your outpouring of support once again, amazed me! I am a very lucky girl!

Alright, deep breath guys, and exhale, now then, so I spent the holiday at the beach yesterday. ALL.DAY.IN.THE.SUN.  Yah, I'm beyond cooked! No I didn't fall asleep laying out, (a la Lucy Ricardo while in Hollywood), I just never went into the tent that we so triumphantly assembled on our own (after numerous tries of course!).  I laid out, played Frisbee, braved the waters of the Gulf and played in the sand.  When I finally took a shower at home, later that evening, the tub looked like I had brought half of the Galveston sand with me!   Ahhh, but it was well worth it!  Great day with friends!

I don't know about you, but I had the most difficult time trying to get back into "work" mode today.  It's always hard coming back to the office after a long holiday weekend.  Somehow, I made it through and then bypassed the gym and went to the park instead.  Even though it's scathingly hot outside, the thought of being in a gym just didn't appeal to me.   I wanted to be outdoors.  So I drove to the park and ran/walked my 3 miles.  I was not the only loony braving the heat either.  There were quite a bit of others out there as well.  Great minds think alike you know!

Ok, this one is going to be short and sweet.  (just like me!)  But before I forget, let me welcome the new followers to this little blog of mine! There have been a few in recent weeks.  Thank you for the follow and welcome to my chaos! 

Alright kids, you know the drill, it's Tuesday, make it a GREAT rest of the week!

4 comments:

Random Girl said...

Glad you are feeling better today girlie! Sounds like you have faith and perspective, both of which will serve you well in this situation

Belle said...

Your faith and belief is wonderful, Yvonne. I know that when I think of my brother, who died when he was 21, I don't think of him as dead. I think of seeing him in heaven and talking about all that happened since I last saw him. "He who believes in me shall never die."

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Well I am pleased you are feeling better today sometimes it just takes a new day to make us feel better, realy there is no point in dwelling over stuff we can not change.

Yvonne said...

RG- Agreed!

Belle- thank you!

Jo-Anne- Your'e absolutely right!

Chapter 56

The sunlight peeping through the curtains, stir her from her sleep.  Her eyes open and she rubs them a bit before sitting up in bed.  Eyes n...