Sunday, April 3, 2011

I'm Getting OLDer!

Age is a state of mind. Age is just a number.  -I find myself thinking more and more about getting older as time goes by.  Sigh, there is no escaping it, unfortunately.  The alternative would be death and well, I'm not ready for that either.  But then, who is?  I digress.  I went to a good friend's birthday get-together today.  It was held at an out door type pub/bar.  She turned 46 -my friend.  She looks incredible! Always has. She laughed when she read the birthday card I got her because it said that we would be friends even when we're 88 years old and wearing cute orthopedic shoes!  She cracked up and said, "Oh we'll be rockin those shoes! And we'll ALWAYS be incredibly sexy too!"   Hmm, not feeling much of the sexy right  now.  I think it's the whole "getting older" bit that is rattling my brain.  Thankfully, I have good genes! I have been told I do not look my age and quite frankly, I really don't.  But sometimes, I feel my age. And then I worry, what's going to happen when I do start looking older? Will anyone still find me attractive? Will my skin turn all loose? Will I look like one of the Golden Girls?  -If I do, I wanna be Blanche, she got more action than any Senior Citizen I know! Hell what I am saying? She got more action than me or any of my friends get now!  This is what is swirling in my head on this Sunday night.  And with this whole "growing older" mind-set, I worry about growing old -alone.  I never, even in my wildest dreams, ever thought I would be alone for the rest of my life.  And I'm not saying that I will be, but I do think about that possibility.  And it scares me.  When I turned 29, I was having anxiety attacks because I was going to turn 30 the following year.  Really, it's true! I had kind of a mini-nervous breakdown and everything! It was weird because when my actual 30th birthday rolled around 12 months later, I was perfectly fine! I had a big party and everything!  I think that's what's happening now.  Maybe.  In October I'll turn 45, then five years later, I'll be 50! O.M.G.   See? I make myself crazy sometimes with these whimsical thoughts of mine.  Age is a state of mind. -that is going to be my mantra from now on.  I have not a clue what will or will not happen in my life.  But I do know what I would like to happen, what I want and what I will make happen. Women are like wine, we age well.  So take THAT Father time and Mother Nature!  On that note, I'm off to uncork a nice Chilean bottle of wine that I bought over the weekend, and call it a night. 

You know the drill, Monday's on deck, new week ahead, hit it out of the ballpark kids! :)

10 comments:

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

I understand, my friend. I turn 45 in June. I was talking with a friend who just turned 45, commiserating about being halfway to 50. We'll all rock those orthopoedics together and in style, but we've got several decades to work up to it.
Hugs to you.
xoRobyn

ISRAEL CARRASCO said...

I'm also obsessed with pushing away the grim reaper. the best thing is to exercise and enjoy the simple things in life.

David Batista said...

Age really is just a number. You are what you feel. If you feel old, you ARE old. If you are full of verve and life and just want to get out there and experience all that there is on offer -- then you are still young! :)

But to me, no one below 65 is old. I look at my relatives who are in their 50s and they look and act as if they're in their 40s still. The way I see it, by the time I reach 50 I will feel even younger then than they do now.

So, go out there and get 'em tiger!

Average Girl said...

Look chickalet, I am not that far behind you and who cares, because you are gorgeously spectacular and you can be a roaring sexy goddess at any age. It's all in the attitude and honey, you've got it!

G said...

We all get better with age...I'd hate to be younger and I've fast approaching the big 4 - 0

Belle said...

All through my fifties I had men asking me out. My mom, who is 83, has had men want to date her at the retirement place where she lives.
Don't worry Yvonne, you are so pretty and will always be able to get a man. The question is, is he good enough for you? But I know you watch out for that!

Yvonne said...

Robyn - lol we sure will!!!

Israel - amen brother!

David - I knew I liked you for a reason! hahaha Seriously though, I agree, age is just a number and a state of mind. I'm going to be 35 forever! lol

AG- you're awesome! Thanks for the kind words!!!

G- Oh the ol "4-0" aye? You'll be fine! Forty was fabulours! :)

Belle - You always make me feel so much better! Thank you so much! :)

The Frisky Virgin said...

I have a birthday coming up as well. Another year, still a virgin. It's not the number so much with me, but the fact that I feel like so little has changed. Why on earth can't I find love? Another year, still no love. What if it isn't out there?

These are the thoughts that roll through my mind. As far age in general...we're only as old as we feel. Screw wrinkles, I'm still goin' to Disneyland! ;) Oooh, or Harry Potter World!

Yvonne said...

FV- Don't sweat that part -really. I know this will sound trite, but it's true, it will happen when it's suppose to happen. I fear the same thing about love, I have so much to give, but what if I'm never given the opportunity? Bleh! Say hi to Mickey for me! ;)

Anonymous said...

Don't let age get you down. That's when you'll start looking/acting your age.

Chapter 56

The sunlight peeping through the curtains, stir her from her sleep.  Her eyes open and she rubs them a bit before sitting up in bed.  Eyes n...