Monday, April 4, 2011

Wilma Flinstone Meets Fat Albert and Baby Huey

Sunday afternoon, while at my friend's birthday party, I played darts for only the second time in my life! It was great! I won three times in a row and some of my friends were sore losers.  Especially because it was me who beat them.   Me, who does not do well in games, unless they are word games of course!  Haters!  It helped that the friends I played against were not sober.  Alcohol and coordination does not a good dart game player make!  A small crowd of both men and women, had gathered around me and my friends when I started to play the last game.  They were all cheering me on.  I was playing against this huge guy that reminded me of Fat Albert and Baby Huey all rolled into one.  I did not know him.  He just randomly walked up to me, we started chatting and the next thing I know, it's GAME TIME! He asked me what my name was and I told him it was, "Lola".  Yeah I was lying.  What can I say? At that moment, I felt like a "Lola".  Now grant it, it was rather loud and the music was blaring, so it's quite possible that he truly did not hear me.  "Your name is Wilma? Like the Flinstones?"  I stared at him, started to correct him, but didn't. "Yeah, like the Flinstones."  I said and handed him a dart.  "Cool! I'm gonna beat Wilma Flinstone and she's gonna buy me a beer!" He was  rather sure of himself.   Sucker!  I won, game, set, match! Oh I know, I know, it wasn't tennis we were playing.  But I'm not familiar with the terminology for playing darts so I'm improvising, mmmkay?  When the game finished and the small crowd that was gathered around erupted in cheers and high fives, Fat Albert/Baby Huey, came up to me, picked me up and gave me a big bear hug, along with a minor heart attack! He scared the crap out of me!!!  "You're alright, Wilma!" and with that, he handed me a shot no less, and walked to the other side of the bar. 

Good times!

9 comments:

Belle said...

Oh man, Wilma. Did this ever make me laugh! I can just picture it all happening.
Lola! I love it. He sounds like a great guy actually, even though he is hard of hearing. I love how you won because you were sober! Too funny.

Unknown said...

Sooooo....I'm taking it Baby Huey wasn't cute?

Alessandra said...

Ah ah,nothing like a fat Albert that needs to be taken down a notch pr two....you go girl.

Yvonne said...

Belle - Well, I wasn't totally sober, I was just the one MOST sober! lol

Kelley - Um, NO he was not! lol

Alessandra - Ha! Exactly!

Unknown said...

You are so much fun. I'm going to do a Fat Albert post tonight, in fact.
xoRobyn

The Frisky Virgin said...

Way to go Wilma! So cute!

I was hoping, maybe, there would be a love connection at the end, but I see by your above reply comment that there wasn't a spark. :( Now, you just have to pick the right dart board in the right bar on the right night with the right guy! You know, singletonville sucks, but everyone who is with someone wishes they were single--what's up with that?

kitkat said...

lol at least he's not a jerk or sumn :)

Yvonne said...

Robyn - I read it! It's hilarious!

FV- nah, no spark whatsoever! I need to start liking cats and learn how to sew. Oh and invest in a rocking chair too!

KK- haha, true.

Anonymous said...

Good for you!

Chapter 56

The sunlight peeping through the curtains, stir her from her sleep.  Her eyes open and she rubs them a bit before sitting up in bed.  Eyes n...