Sunday, April 3, 2011

Me, Myself and I

A little pampering can do wonders for your ego, your mood and your self-esteem! And Saturday was the day I decided to be good to myself. I treated myself to a massage, a facial, a manicure and pedicure and then I had my hair cut and colored.  There's nothing better than walking out of a beauty salon and feeling like a million bucks!  (because that's about the amount I spent in there! lol)  A day of beauty was followed by a lunch al fresco at local eatery. I enjoyed a glass of wine and people-watched.  It was great!  This is what I meant when I wrote in earlier posts that I have been neglecting myself.  Always looking out for others and doing for others, and when I look to do for myself, there is nothing left of me to give.  Well, I decided that the insanity stops now! (or yesterday, depending when you read this! lol)  Putting myself first is not a concept I am familiar with or comfortable with doing.  But I will, because I deserve it and need it.  A friend of mine, one of the musketeers actually, told me that I needed to love myself a little bit more. She was responding to an email I had sent to her when I was having an "episode".  Her reply said a lot more, but what jumped out at me were those words, "Love yourself a little bit more." ---And right then and there a light bulb went off in my head.  She was right, I don't love myself very much sometimes.  It shows in the patterns that I keep repeating.  The ones that are not emotionally healthy for me.  I promised myself  that no matter what, I would love myself a little more each day.  And I'd show it by breaking the bad habits that shadow my life.  As I later told the musketeer, "I'm a work in progress."   I've put everything in motion, all the pieces of the puzzle are laid out on the table, my job is to find those pieces that fit into my life and the ones that don't, I need to stop trying to make them fit and get rid of them.  Piece of cake! :) 

8 comments:

not displayed said...

I have a facial booked with a friend on Monday morning. Really looking forward to it too.
We need to make sure we take time to treat our selves.

Barbara said...

A little pampering is always good! I love taking the time to take care of myself :) -usually at home-. Thanks for sharing :)

Belle said...

Oh, I love having facials! I am so glad you are thinking about your spirit and what you need to feel good about yourself. It is very important. Good for you.

Nat said...

Nothing like a bit of pampering to raise your spirits...I had a facial and manicure on Sat too. Blissful!

G said...

Out of curiosity I went for a facial before Christmas to find out what all the fuss was... I ended up getting so chilled out that I fell asleep...

Joy said...

Nice work babe - fill your own cup first and you'll be able to spill that love over onto others :)

ox
Kelly

Yvonne said...

All - Thanks for your words! I thorougly enjoyed my day! :)

'Yellow Rose' Jasmine said...

Good for you! I wish you well in your endeavors to take care of yourself and 'love yourself a little more'. It is so worth it. You will be amazed at how different and how much better you feel on the other side of this. It is indescribable. For me it equaled almost 50 pounds lost, big surprise to me really, and feeling like a million bucks almost every day instead of just once in a while!

Chapter 56

The sunlight peeping through the curtains, stir her from her sleep.  Her eyes open and she rubs them a bit before sitting up in bed.  Eyes n...