Saturday, November 6, 2010

Got Lunch?

As far as dates go, this one was -dare I say it? A GOOD date! I don't know what will happen, but I was pleased at the outcome. "Gustabo" (for those not in the "know" I name all of my male counterparts Gustabo, to protect the innocent and the not so innocent) and I work in the same building, on the same floor. In fact, that's how we met. We rode the elevator together so much that we finally had to acknowledge one another. He works for an investment company down the hall from the law firm I work for. So we ran into each other at random times, in the elevator, the hallway, the deli, for about a month before either of us even spoke to each other. Oh we'd say, "Hi", "Good morning", "Have a Nice Day", "Have a nice weekend" but we never stopped to chat. Well, last week Gustabo asked about the law firm I worked for. I think he was just making small talk. And we started chatting from there. A few days ago, he asked if I wanted to meet for lunch this week. I said yes and here we are. We met for lunch today. Um, no we did not go to the deli! lol We ventured outside and walked to a nearby restaurant. (at my suggestion, it was just too pretty a day to be in a car!) Talked the entire way there. He's super tall, well anyone is next to me. I'm only 4'11 and he's about 6'2. He's got this JFK, Jr. hair that just makes you want to run your fingers throught it! And no, I didn't. :) His eyes are chocolate brown and he's got these dimples that rival Mario Lopez's dimples! Pretty cute I'd say! Lunch was good. We have a lot in common, for instance, we're both left-handed! How weird is that??? There was no groping, hands roaming, innuendos, or wine in the face throwing at all. Which was great! We talked about possibly getting together next weekend. He's traveling this week. So, we'll see what happens.

Tune in next time for another episode of, "As Yvonne's Dating Life Turns".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're left handed too! I'm left handed!

Awesome with the date, I went to the movie with a friend and it was cool to catch up.

http://theadorkableditzmissteps.blogspot.com/

Shady Del Knight said...

I kid you not - I am also left handed! This is getting spooky.

I thought about you yesterday and wondered how your lunch date went. I'm glad you wound up with Slater rather than Screech and that he didn't go all Zack on you!

Chapter 56

The sunlight peeping through the curtains, stir her from her sleep.  Her eyes open and she rubs them a bit before sitting up in bed.  Eyes n...