Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Men +Women+Dating=Migraine Medicine

Here's what's bothering the hell out of me tonight. Men, why would you tell a woman that you have met, to call you or that you will call her, and "let's get together!" if you have NO intention of ever calling or seeing the woman again? Why? Or, as in my case, he gives me his number, tells me to call him, makes plans for us to "get together" and then when I do call, he doesn't pick up. AT ALL. I don't get it. I think that's just rude. And it's not the first time that he does this to me either. A few months ago we made plans to meet for drinks, the designated date and time came and when I called to confirm, he didn't answer. You would think I would have learned my lesson the first time right? Riiiight! What can I say? I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. Yeah, not anymore. This was the LAST time. I'm done.

UGH! Men are so difficult to understand!!! It's not like I want to marry you or have your love child or anything like that! Heck I'm still trying to figure out if I even like you! Shame on me though. I thought we were adults -my mistake.

Not to worry, this little misstep won't deter me from enduring more dating adventures in my future.

Men, get ready! :)

4 comments:

Belle said...

No, don't let him deter you. I bet you will meet the one at a time you least expect it.
There is one thing I know about guys, they would rather walk away then talk about something.

I took a class at school once and the teacher asked, "How would you break up with someone?" One guy said, "I would treat her bad so she would get tired of it and leave."
I asked him, "Couldn't you just tell her you want to break up?" He looked at me like I was crazy.

ISRAEL CARRASCO said...

Minimize expectations and you wont be dissapointed. Go with the flow and if shit happens it happens. Ommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Shady Del Knight said...

Some men don't have the people skills to know how to elegantly handle this type of situation. I admit that during my dating years I sometimes feigned interest in a woman who was interested in me. In doing so I wasn't trying to be a jerk. It's just that I didn't want to hurt her feelings and make her feel rejected. Later on when she wanted to take things to the next level I found myself with a bad case of buyer's remorse and I didn't know how to extricate myself. In a misguided attempt to be kind, I wound up being cruel.

Clearly, it would be great if we could all just be completely honest with each other at all times, but sometimes we take the easy way out, say what the other person wants to hear, and then run away and hide from that person in a cowardly fashion.

Just as many women mislead men in the very same way, flattering them and giving them false hope when they have no genuine interest.

Again I urge you not to limit yourself. Don't let one or two men trip you up. Too many fish in the sea. Move on to the next and the next. He or she who has the most choices wins.

Yvonne said...

Great responses everyone!
Shady - Sometimes our best intentions become our worse actions. But I agree, "too many fish in the sea" ---I've got my net ready! :)

Belle - ha! Silly boys!

Israel - "Ommmmmmm" is right! lol

Chapter 56

The sunlight peeping through the curtains, stir her from her sleep.  Her eyes open and she rubs them a bit before sitting up in bed.  Eyes n...