Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Yesterday (Monday)...

was a good day. It's been a while -a long while since I've had a "good" day. No particular reason, just, I felt good. My grandmother used to say, "Tiempo al tiempo" --when times got hard, things became difficult, she'd say, "Dale tiempo al tiempo hijita." It means "give time, time" -to heal, to pass, whatever your necessity may be, give it time. Along the same lines as "Time heals all wounds" --Get it now? Good.

I actually smiled today, not only on the outside -I smile all the time! But I smiled on the inside as well. Things are still, well, as they are, but I'm alive, and grateful and so I keep going. Slowly, I'm peeling off layers of myself and staring me right in the face.

3 comments:

Belle said...

Time helps you cope with wounds, but I don't think it heals them. Somehow they are still there, right below the surface. Hey, isn't that cheery? Sorry.

I know what you mean about smiling on the outside but not on the inside. My granddaughter once said, "Grandma is happy all the time," never knowing how depressed I have been all my life.
Gee, You really opened up something in me with your post. But I do smile on the inside now too. It feels good.

Yvonne said...

Thank you Belle! And I'm glad my post conjured up your own memories. I do believe that with time, wounds are healed though. If they are still there, "below the surface" -then they are still open. At least that's what I think! lol I'm glad you're smiling on the inside too and yeah, it feels great!

Anonymous said...

I posted a really good comment her and it didnt show up!!! uuuggghhh see what i mean! LOL...oh well God knows why....

Chapter 56

The sunlight peeping through the curtains, stir her from her sleep.  Her eyes open and she rubs them a bit before sitting up in bed.  Eyes n...