Friday, August 6, 2010

Some Things Are Better Left Unsaid -Or Not...

If memory serves me correctly, I wrote my first "story" in the fourth grade. Mrs. Gaston was my teacher and told us to write about a dog and a happy feeling. I took it upon myself to create what back then, for a 4th grader was a masterpiece! I remember that I received a gold star (the ultimate of ulitmates)for my prose and it was displayed on the tackboard in the front of the classroom for the entire month! Not too shabby eh? I remember I continued writing short stories, stuff I made up about my classmates. The funny thing was I would use everyone's real names, real situations and make up all kinds of stuff! I then would pass around my notebook/tablet to whomever wanted to read what I wrote. Scandulous! Some of my classmates were not too amused but most were intrigued and hooked! Soon I was writing for them all the time and I soon figured out, as long as I wrote to the masses, I was popular! Hmmm, some things never change.

Writing calms me down, excites me, and sometimes, forces me to look into myself -the self that I have a hard time dealing with. I'm not what you call "structured" when it comes to my writing. I'm all over the place! lol Because of this, I get myself into trouble at times. Being very impulsive, I often (too often if you ask me!)act before thinking things out, or speak without regard of the consequences -I can't help it. I'm an "act now" "think later" kind of gal!

I suppose I started this blog to showcase not only what comes out of my mind but also to gain insight into my psyche -if that makes sense? I realize that I'm putting myself in a very vulnerable place. I mean, most of the people that read or will read my blog are people I know. Do I gloss over my words for fear of retaliation from everyone? Hmm, I thought about it and came up with this rationalization: If I have to mind my "p's" and "q's", worry about what others will think of me, of what I write, then, I'm defeating my purpose. I write what I want, however I want. It's what I do. So, although some things ARE better left unsaid, I will take my chances and write the good word or bad word -enough said.

No comments:

Chapter 56

The sunlight peeping through the curtains, stir her from her sleep.  Her eyes open and she rubs them a bit before sitting up in bed.  Eyes n...