Friday, August 6, 2010

Sleep is Overrated

I miss the nights when my head would hit the pillow and I would fall into a deep sleep. So deep, that I wouldn't open my eyes until the next morning. Sigh, I miss that so much. For the longest time now, I have been battling bouts of insomnia. It normally occurs when I am worried or stressed about something. And as you know (if you've been reading my posts lately) I have lots of worries and lots of stress in my life right now.

Remedies? Ha! I've tried them all! I've gotten so desperate I even tried over the counter medication and well, as you can see, I'm still awake. Sometimes, wine works. Sometimes it doesn't and has the complete opposite effect on me and then I'm up for hours! I'm out of wine at the moment, dammit!

The thing about not sleeping at night is that my mind starts working in overdrive! Non stop chatter in my head! Questions, worries, anxieties, you name it, I'll think it! It's also when I think about well, things I shouldn't be thinking about. Bleh!

How about them Astros???

So tired...

No comments:

Chapter 56

The sunlight peeping through the curtains, stir her from her sleep.  Her eyes open and she rubs them a bit before sitting up in bed.  Eyes n...