Thursday, August 30, 2007

Sunday morning

2:00 a.m.
It's so quiet here in my room. And yet, the noise is loud in my head. Unfinished thoughts. Conversations I wish I had. Plans left well, unplanned. Decisions. Regrets. Anticipation. Worries. All this and more can be found 24 hours a day, every day, in my head.
I guess I could go lay down and wait for sleep to take over. But I know it won't happen. The clatter in my head only gets louder. Almost like it's reaching it's crescendo, I can almost hear the cymbals in the background.

I suppose the alternative to ceasing the noise would be far worse, I mean what that would ultmately mean is that I would no longer be alive. Yeah, I'll keep the noise thank you very much.

At least I don't talk back to myself.

No comments:

Chapter 56

The sunlight peeping through the curtains, stir her from her sleep.  Her eyes open and she rubs them a bit before sitting up in bed.  Eyes n...