Tuesday, July 26, 2011

"strong, like bull"

Failure is not an option.
Mediocrity is not an option

I keep repeating those two sentences in my head.  Hoping that by some miracle, the words will become embedded in my head, in my brain, in my heart and in my spirit.  No matter how hard we try or how many times we fall and get back up, staying on course, can become very difficult.  Especially if you've lived your life a certain way and now suddenly, are making all of these changes and  taking it in different directions, to unfamiliar territory.  I've hit another road-block in my quest to find a "better version of myself".  It's nothing out of this world, but a hindrance, nonetheless.  The cool thing about this time, is that instead of freaking out about the situation and obsessing about it, I took a deep breath, accepted it for what it was and tried to come up with a solution.  I've still got some kinks to work out on the solution part.  But that's nothing, it will all be worked out and I will be back on that road in no time.  So, no worries there.  I'm proud of myself for being proactive instead of reactive, as is my custom.  I've come a very long way from last year.  A very long way indeed!  Throughout these past 11 months, one of the many things I've learned while on this journey, is that I am much stronger than I give myself credit for and that no matter how many times I may fall, I always get back up, dust myself off, lick my wounds, and keep going.   Not bad for Tuesday night huh?

Life is a beautiful thing kids!

11 comments:

Sandra said...

Good philosophy Yvonne! I proud of your proactivity as well. I have so much respect for people who take their lives into their own hands and own whatever situation is at hand. So proud of you!

Belle said...

I'm really happy for you. It is great to learn and grow as a person. Fantastic!

Alessandra said...

Like the mantra, it's a good one to stick to. Sometimes getting back up is easier said than done, but i really think you're on the right track,and you have learned so much from your experiences, way to go girl!

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

It's a great lesson to learn and take pride in.
Keep faith, girlfriend.
xoRobyn

The Spaghetti Westerner said...

Sounds like your handling life's challenges with grace!

Don said...

Falling is not failing. Things happen and people take unexpected and undesirable tumbles at times.

Not getting back up is a choice, the consequence of which is failing.

You chose to not fail, so be proud of yourself.

Oilfield Trash said...

Those are two really good things to live by.

'Yellow Rose' Jasmine said...

Love it. We are on the same page, girl! Do what ya gotta' do.

Yvonne said...

Sandra- Thank you! I must admit though, that I don't always practice what I preach. But for now, I'm on the right path!

Belle- yes it is! Growing makes us not only better, but happier.

Alessandra- Oh it's very difficult to get back up after falling, no doubt! But if we don't get up, we die. Maybe not physically, I'm talking figuratively, of course. Thanks for your encouraging words!

Robyn- Thanks! Faith is what keeps me going!

MS- Well, I'm trying! :)

Don- Yep, that's what I'm doing! :)

OT- thank you sir!

YRJ- amen sister!

The Frisky Virgin said...

Way to go, sweetie! *Hugs*

Yvonne said...

FV- thanks! :)

Chapter 56

The sunlight peeping through the curtains, stir her from her sleep.  Her eyes open and she rubs them a bit before sitting up in bed.  Eyes n...