Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sunday Wrap-Up

"Aloha Mr. Hand!" --I watched Fast Times at Ridgemont High over the weekend. I love this movie! That line and "The lady will have the linguini with clam sauce and a Coke, no ice." are just two of my favorite lines from that  movie.   Sometimes, movies like this are necessary.  We should all take a break from the rat race, the chaos, that is our lives,  from time to time. 

Hello bloggers! How was everyone's weekend?  Good I hope! So in continuing with my ongoing quest of creating a better version of myself, I worked out on Friday night.  That's right, I admit it. I didn't go out, I didn't meet anyone for drinks, I didn't call anyone to ask them where they were.  No, I took myself to the land of the "sweat" and spent an hour and a half beating up on a punching bag (lots of aggression to get rid of!), climbing the stairs and lifting the weights!  It was a great work-out and I was exhausted and not to mention, drenched in sweat by the time I headed to my car.  The remainder of my evening was spent relaxing at home with candles and music and a nice glass of wine. Some of you reading this may think it's boring or lame or that I'm showing my age (shudder the thought!) and perhaps I am all of those things.  Regardless, it was needed and felt really good to do! So I vote, success!

Saturday my five-year old nephew had his first tee-ball game ever! Ethan is my sister's little boy.  He is a spunky, intelligent and adorable little boy.  He played short-stop. The game was instense and hilarious at the same time.  Those little munchkins are so cute to watch!  Something else I noticed, the parents  can become quite vocal and at times act like the fate of the world lies on the winning run! Serious! They don't mess around!  I'm happy to report that Ethan's team won 16-10.  Ethan got two base hits and showed us that he  knows how to slide into home plate! :)  My evening consited of adult beverages, girl talk with the Musketeers and lots of laughs.  I love those girls to pieces!


And so here I am, Sunday evening.  This post is a bit, dare I say it, boring, I know.  I have tons of thoughts swirling in my head but I have  issues that need my attention and so, this is all you get for now.  Hopefully, this new week will be a much better one for me.

Ok bloggers, you know the drill.  Monday's on deck, hit it out of the ballpark!

9 comments:

Robin said...

That actually sounds like a nice weekend. No drama and lots of time just for you. Very healthy.

Thanks for the lovely comments and support. They have been much appreciated.

Belle said...

That is definately not a boring weekend or post. You did fantastic stuff - working out like that on a Friday night! Good for you!
I used to go to my grandson's T-Ball games. They are so cute at that age.

Underground Dude said...

I think it's fair to say all of us have a weekend in like that from time to time, and most of us enjoy it.

-UD

David Batista said...

Hey, I did even less than you on my weekend and feel absolutely fantastic for it! As a rule, though, Fridays are my one day off from workouts, so I consider it a treat when I get to come home and just chill out for the rest of the night.

Cheers on having some much needed you time!

Cinderita said...

You're so cute. I love your baseball terms! I guess it's almost that time isn't it? I'm sorry I haven't been around much lately. Bon Jovi infused weekend! Still recovering. LOL

Missed you! Happy Monday!

Joy said...

Sounds like a blissful, self-caring Friday night to me!!

ox
Kelly

The Frisky Virgin said...

Weekends like this are commonplace for me. That's probably not a big shock. lol But, still, I think I'd rather the peace and quiet over a date I wish would end. Ooh, that wasn't very optimistic of me. Eh, well, I call 'em like I see 'em, and my dating resume has been...well...eh.

Yvonne said...

Robin - You're very welcome! I hope all is tolerable for you!

Belle- yes they are so cute at that age! I had a blast!

UD- yes it's definitely very enjoyable, to say the least!

David - Ha! Thanks! I think some days like that are definitely needed to "re-group"

Rita - I can't to hear all about Bon Jovi! If you couldn't tell, I'm a HUGE baseball fan! And yes, opening day is right around the corner!

Kelly- It was!!!

FV- Ha! You're funny! I threw my dating resume away a long time ago! Not that it ever worked! lol

Anonymous said...

I remember T-ball! When I was 5-6 I did that and of course like always I was the biggest and one of the only 2 girls on the team. I guess one game (I don't remember but mom told me) I was on 3rd and coming home and the boy on home held the ball but wasn't on the home plate. I slid beneath his legs that were spread apart and hit home.

I hurt the boy but even HIS mom came to mine and asked me if I was okay! Haha

Chapter 56

The sunlight peeping through the curtains, stir her from her sleep.  Her eyes open and she rubs them a bit before sitting up in bed.  Eyes n...