Sunday, March 6, 2011

Picture Perfect

Today was a beautiful day! It was the type of day that you wish you could fold up and put in your pocket for safe-keeping.  The skies were clear and blue and the sun was shinning brightly.  The winds were kind of strong (great for kite-flying)  but it didn't take away from the beauty of the day.  And there was no humidity whatsoever! This was HUGE in my world! Helloooo? Have you seen my hair???  So me and my awesome hair ventured out for the day.  I don't know about the rest of you but if I'm having a good hair day and wearing a cute outfit, I feel fabulous! As if I can do anything!  Does that happen to you? No? It's just me?  Figures.  :)

I spent the majority of my day window-shopping and people watching.  I've mentioned before how I love to sit and watch people and wonder about them.  I'll even make up stories about them in my head. Or if I'm really into it, I'll jot it down in my notebook.  Sometimes I'll go back to the notebook and look at what I've written, sometimes, I'll use it as material for my stories or sometimes I'll just trash it.  Lame, I know.  Lets see, what else did I do?  Oh yeah, I explored a new bookstore that I found by accident.  I was driving around looking for a parking space of all things, when I spotted it. It was very "mom and pop", a very quaint place.  I even found a few first editions that I had been looking for.  That was a major plus!  Later that afternoon, I went to church.  I'd not been in a few weeks. No particular reason for my absence, just didn't go.  It never fails though, I can be away from church for months at a time, but as soon as I step inside, I feel as if I've come home. I feel an overpowering sense of peace take over.  I love that!  The sermon was surprisingly interesting and kept my attention.  -No easy feat by any means!  Afterwards, I met my friend *Gustabo for dinner. We chose a place with an outdoor patio and killer margaritas.  Win-win!  Or should I say, "Winning" tehehe.  We had the most palatable conversation during dinner, sprinkled with bouts of incessant laughter.   We even watched the sun set as he walked me back to my car.  It was breathtaking! Hugging each other good bye, I realized again, how fortunate I am to have such good friends and positive influences in my life.  Everyone needs that.  Today was a good day.

So that's it kids.  Nothing major, nothing mind boggling (well, except my hair). Everyone have a good week, or else! :)

6 comments:

Belle said...

What a lovely day! I know what you mean about humidity and hair, I love it when I have a good hair day!

Cinderita said...

I love good days. xo

'Yellow Rose' Jasmine said...

Thanks Yvonne. This is nice, a word picture of a lovely day. It helps me to imagine who you are in a more real way.

The Frisky Virgin said...

Texas has some of the most beautiful blue skies in the world. There, I said it. ;) I'm glad you enjoyed such a beautiful day. :)

Yvonne said...

Belle - I knew you could relate!

Rita - good days are fab!

Jasmine - thanks! glad you enjoyed it.

FV- Heck yeah it does!!!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an awesome day. I love having wonderful hair days.

Chapter 56

The sunlight peeping through the curtains, stir her from her sleep.  Her eyes open and she rubs them a bit before sitting up in bed.  Eyes n...