Sunday, February 13, 2011

All Things Love

I decided to honor Valentine's day by typing this post in red.  The color of AMOR!  I'm not a big fan of Valentine's day. It's just another day to me. Of course, if I was in a relationship I would probably have a change of heart (heh).  So this being "Valentine's Day Weekend" it's only fitting that every channel on the tellie is showing some sappy love story right?  Anyway, I'm sick.  I've been sick since Thursday.  I managed to work through Friday, though I have no idea how I made it through the day. Saturday morning greeted me with a horrible migraine, congestion, watery-itchy eyes and this excruciating pain coming from both of my ears.  G-u-r-e-a-t!  I drove myself to an urgent care clinic and after waiting for almost two hours to see the doctor, I was finally diagnosed with not one, but TWO ear infections and as an added bonus, a sinus infection. NICE!  After paying a small fortune and picking up my meds, I miraculously made it home and threw myself on my bed.  And it's here that I've been since then. Getting up only to drink water or go to the bathroom.  Which leads me back to Valentine's Day ---you thought I forgot right? Since I'm kind of quarantined to the confines of my home, and  since the only energy I can muster up is to work the remote and type on my laptop, I've been enduring sappy love movies since last night.  Bleh.  Love is never as easy as it seems on screen.  It's complicated and intoxicating and hapy and sad and angry and lustful and kind, and sacrifice and full of passion and, well you get the picture yes?  I've been called a "romantic" all of my life, and I am.  Truly.  I love, love.  Whether or not I'm in a relationship, I love, love.  Sure, I get a case of the "blues" or a little jealous of "the couples" because I am alone, but I can't dwell on that or let it make me bitter.  I just keep going forward.  I have so much love to give someone, and one day, "someone" will come into my life and take what I have to give and give me what they have to offer.  And that will be my Valentine.  One day.  That is my hope anyway.

8 comments:

Shady Del Knight said...

Oh shucks, Yvonne. I'm sorry to learn that you're under the weather as are a few of my other bloggie friends. I know that you have lots to give. If you remain patient and keep being the best person you know how to be then someone special will come into your life and it will have been worth the wait. Get well soon!

Belle said...

Hope you get well soon. Love is nothing like it is in the movies. I just put some tea tree oil on my hubby's big toe because it is infected. Then I kissed his foot. Now that is love! (are you grossed out?)

Alessandra said...

Sorry you're not feeling well. I hate being sick, and the loser movies on tv don't help much. I agree that love is nothing like in the movies, actually I think it's Hollywood's fault for giving such a wrong idea of love.
Anybody who could be with you and is not, is missing a whole lot, I think you're doll. Happy Lincoln's birthday!

Yvonne said...

Shady - Thanks! I am actually feeling a little better now.

Belle - That IS love! No, it didn't gross me out.

Alessandra- Awww, thank you!!! We don't get Lincoln's birthday off. Enjoy your day!

David Batista said...

Aww, so sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Hope you get better soon, Yvonne.

And I'm loving your optimism re: amor. All joking aside, I think it's refreshing you know your future valentine is still out there somewhere. I ardently hope you find him soon!

Yvonne said...

Thanks, I feel a bit better tonight, hoping it will get even better tomorrow. I "ardently" hope I find him soon, too! He's taking forever! lol

Anonymous said...

I hope you get well soon. I don't think I have ever had that many whammies of infections at one time.

Happy belated Valentine's Day Yvonne!

Love ya!

The Adorkable Ditz' Missteps

Yvonne said...

Ditzy - Right back at ya, doll! I hope you Vday was awesome!!!
-Thanks for the well wishes, still on meds, but am feeling soooo much better than this weekend! I'm almost there! :)

Chapter 56

The sunlight peeping through the curtains, stir her from her sleep.  Her eyes open and she rubs them a bit before sitting up in bed.  Eyes n...