Monday, November 29, 2010

Oops! I'm Married, I Forgot!

One night last week I went out with a group of friends. We went bar hopping. It was at one of these bars that Natalia, a motorcyle afficionada, sees a group of "bikers" ride in and park their bikes out in front. No sooner had one of the bikers taken off his helmet, than Natalia smiled and blurted out to no one in particular, "I wanna go for a ride!" Now mind you, her husband was standing beside her, and our friends (myself included) were there too! We follow her outside and the next I know, she's on the bike and asking Roberto to take her picture. Two of my other friends are soon posing on the bikes as well. I am absolutely, deathly afraid of getting on a motorcyle much less riding one! (Long story short, I fell off of one while riding and am forever traumatized) Well, what happens next is still not clear. All I know is that I went inside to get a drink and when I returned outside, the girls and the bikers were gone. As in, G-O-N-E! So I turned to Roberto and ask him where they went. He said they wanted to go for ride around the block. Whatever. I sipped on my drink, returned inside and chatted with the bunch at our table. After an hour of dancing my ass off I inquired the wherabouts of my girls! Um, they were still gone. Now at this point, I can see that Roberto and the rest of the guys are upset. I tried calling them on their cell phones but of course, all purses and cell phones were left at our table. I started to worry. Just when we were about to call the police, we heard a loud "vrrooom, vrroom come from the street. The girls were back. They were excited and had massive "wind-blown" hair, but they were just fine. So, here's what I want to know from you. Forget that they were gone for over an hour with total strangers. What I want to know is if Natalia's husband should have said "No" when she said she wanted to go for a ride. Keep in mind that no one knew them (the bikers). Was Natalia being disrespectful to her husband? Should her husband have put his foot down and refused to let her go? Ok so nothing bad happened to them. But what if it had? One of the girls that went on the bike ride said "Life is short and you have to live in the moment!" I'm all for that, however, does that entail living dangerously? I've done some pretty crazy things in my life, and some I'm not proud of at all, I get the part of "letting loose", I do. I just don't get the part about being wreckless and selfish. Natalia and Roberto left as soon as she got off the bike. So, maybe they had it out or maybe they didn't. I'm just curious as to what you have to say. I've had several conversations with the girls that went on the ride with Natalia. Those girls are single and argue to me that they had a good vibe from the bikers so that's why they went. My argument to them is that a good vibe can sometimes just be an upset stomach or something lame like that! The "good vibe" argument is moot with me.

What do you think?

8 comments:

SB said...

Holy... lol if i was married i wouldnt get on a bike with a total stranger ESPECIALLY with my husband watching!!! OMG. Poor guy.

i like bikes. a friend of mine had one and took me to college on it for a whole semester before he graduated. WAS SOOO FUNNNN!!!
( course i had helmet head the entire day. NOT fun)

Yvonne said...

I had a helmet on too but I friggin fell off of it!!! lol

Belle said...

I think it is rude to leave your husband or a date and go off for an hour doing anything, never mind riding off with a stranger on a bike. If you aren't with anyone at all- fine.

Shady Del Knight said...

What man doesn't LOVE to see his woman ride off into the sunset with a motorcycle gang? (LOL) I can't see myself in a relationship with the type of woman who would think it's okay to do that, because I would never dream of doing it to her (with LADY bikers, of course). However, if the man and the woman are both thrill seekers then maybe this kind of behavior was par for the course for them. It's all about expectations. Once you establish trust and rules it really hurts if your partner violates them.

Funny flashback of the day:

Pee Wee Herman shouting in that noisy biker bar: "I'M TRYING TO USE THE PHONE!!!"

Yvonne said...

All - I agree with all of you!

Average Girl said...

I wouldn't need my better half to say no... I would just know that it wasn't right... that was terrible, my better half would be so hurt and it would be so thoughtless of me. If life is too short, and if I want some excitement, I should encourage my better half and I to do it, not strangers! Okay, Tracy is now descending from her high horse! lol

Average Girl said...

PS I am sorry that i did not follow you sooner! I thought I was... duh! It is now rectified!

Yvonne said...

AG- Welcome! Thanks for the follow! And yeah, I totally agree with you about it not being right.

Chapter 56

The sunlight peeping through the curtains, stir her from her sleep.  Her eyes open and she rubs them a bit before sitting up in bed.  Eyes n...