Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Elation

I've been glued to the tv most of the evening -along with just about everyone else in the world it seems! Watching the rescue operation in Chile and the homecoming hugs has truly been captivating and very emotional. I can't even begin to imagine what those men have been through and will go through post rescue. I'm claustophobic, imagining being down there for even a minute is torturous for me, think what it was for the miners! Thankfully, their nightmare is almost over!

1 comment:

Shady Del Knight said...

I stayed up late on the East Coast and followed the rescues. The miners' long ordeal was a classic test of reframing circumstances and being able to control mental state. I was amazed to learn that they remained in good spirits through it all.

This story can be used as a powerful metaphor. If you are like me and hate the feeling of being trapped...and if you are like me and value your freedom more than anything else.....

Chapter 56

The sunlight peeping through the curtains, stir her from her sleep.  Her eyes open and she rubs them a bit before sitting up in bed.  Eyes n...