Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Elation

I've been glued to the tv most of the evening -along with just about everyone else in the world it seems! Watching the rescue operation in Chile and the homecoming hugs has truly been captivating and very emotional. I can't even begin to imagine what those men have been through and will go through post rescue. I'm claustophobic, imagining being down there for even a minute is torturous for me, think what it was for the miners! Thankfully, their nightmare is almost over!

1 comment:

Shady Del Knight said...

I stayed up late on the East Coast and followed the rescues. The miners' long ordeal was a classic test of reframing circumstances and being able to control mental state. I was amazed to learn that they remained in good spirits through it all.

This story can be used as a powerful metaphor. If you are like me and hate the feeling of being trapped...and if you are like me and value your freedom more than anything else.....