Saturday, September 11, 2010

Rememberance

I hate this date, Septemeber 11th. Yet I still make a point to take a few minutes or more to remember that horrific day and all of those lives that were lost, every year since then. The day America was taken hostage. I still know exactly where I was, what I was doing and what I did immediately afterward. I also remember being glued to the tv, watching over and over again, how the towers collapsed. Grim. Tragic.

I love this country that I live in. I don't agree with government at times and the economy is in the toilet, but I love this country! And I would never want to live anywhere else.

God Bless America.

2 comments:

Shady Del Knight said...

Ditto that, kiddo!

As I think back over my 60 years there are other horrific events that are burned into my memory, including the assassinations of President Kennedy, Senator Bobby, Doctor M.L. King and John Lennon. I vividly recall where I was and what I was doing when I learned of those tragedies.

This is a sad and gloomy day for our country and for our allies around the globe. Like anything else that weighs heavily on our hearts, it helps to express our feelings verbally and/or in writing as you and I and many others are doing this day.

I am reminded of the song lyrics:

Where have all the flowers gone?
When will they ever learn?

Belle said...

There is much to be sad about on this day. But we can be proud of the way the people of New York responded to the crisis.

Chapter 56

The sunlight peeping through the curtains, stir her from her sleep.  Her eyes open and she rubs them a bit before sitting up in bed.  Eyes n...