Monday, August 30, 2010

Reflection

I am trying so hard to change, to stay on the right path, to not look back and fall into my "old ways". So hard. Sometimes I want to give up and give in but then I think about the pain, and the emptiness, and the tears that I shed, and it jolts me back into reality. So here I am, continuing to fight the good fight and learning how to love myself.

Browsing other blogs tonight, I came across this poem. It spoke volumes to me. I wanted to share with you in hopes it may speak to you in some way -or not. At any rate, I thought it was worth posting!

The famed British poet and painter, David Harkins, once penned:

You can shed tears that she is gone,
or you can smile because she has lived.
You can close your eyes and pray that she'll come back,
or you can open your eyes and see all she's left.
Your heart can be empty because you can't see her,
or you can be full of the love you shared.
You can turn your back on tomorrow and live yesterday,
or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday.
You can remember her only that she is gone,
or you can cherish her memory and let it live on.
You can cry and close your mind,
be empty and turn your back.
Or you can do what she'd want:
smile, open your eyes, love and go on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

NICE!

Chapter 56

The sunlight peeping through the curtains, stir her from her sleep.  Her eyes open and she rubs them a bit before sitting up in bed.  Eyes n...