Monday, August 9, 2010

Is it "Love"?

People say "I love you" all the time it seems! Some people spit it out almost in their sleep, without so much as a second thought. -Yes it would be difficult if they were really sleeping but for drama purposes, I'm allowing this "scenario"!!! :)
For me, telling someone that you love them comes easily but I am a bit selfish when it comes to whom I give my love too. A bit the "selective" so to speak. Is that wrong? Recently, a group of friends (men and women) were sitting around, having a few drinks, and discussing what else? Life! Well, "Life" moved on to "Love" and the question was posed: "Do you tell everyone in your life that you love them? And if so, DO you love them? Really?"
I thought about it and decided that no, I don't just tell anyone that I love them. Sure, I tell my family and my friends and ever so often, that special person that has my heart. But I won't say it if I don't mean it. For me, I have to feel it, live it, and relish in it! Love is beautiful, a wonderful emotion! I for one don't take it lightly or for granted.
So I recited that exact response to my freinds and almost all of them cried "Bullshit!" They said everyone says "I love you" because everyone has an agenda. "Quid pro quo" if you will. Well, I disagreed of course! I mean, I can honestly say that I have never used those words just to get something in return or in the heat of a passionate moment or because it seemed like the "right" thing to do! None of us at that table could agree to disagree or could agree period! Everyone wanted to give their reasoning behind the "I love you" phenomenon!!
The discussion quickly moved on to a different topic but left me wondering and pondering that wonderful word that is LOVE.
I summized it like this: I love love. I am a dreamer. I guess people like me take those words "I love you" a bit more seriously than others. Doesn't make me any better than them or any less than them. I think it just makes me human.
To each his own I suppose

No comments:

Chapter 56

The sunlight peeping through the curtains, stir her from her sleep.  Her eyes open and she rubs them a bit before sitting up in bed.  Eyes n...