Thursday, May 2, 2019

just words

Ending a relationship with someone, whether it be a romantic one or a platonic one, is never easy.  Especially if time and emotion are invested.  As much as I pride myself in being strong, tonight I am anything but that.  Instead I am fragile.  Emotionally spent.  Needy.  Having a pity party for one.  Yay me.   Isn't it interesting that even though I know that I made the best decision by ending a relationship that I had invested 5 years of my life to, even still, I feel bad.  Like the minute after I ended it, I regretted it and wanted to take my words back.  Of course I didn't.  Because I know that as excruciatingly painful as it was for me to do, it was for the best.  Breaking up with someone just sucks.  Sometimes I hate being an adult and making adult decisions.  But hey, my conscience is clear and my mind is relieved, so there's that.  Still, it.sucks.alot.

Here's to a new month and change.  Cheers.

10 comments:

CWMartin said...

Change often takes time of distance to feel right... hang in there.

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

I'm sorry for your pain, Yvonne. Yet I'm proud of you. The best ways to take care of ourselves often involve making the hardest of choices. That you did. Be proud and know you're worthy of the people and things that are worthy of you.
Hugs!

Yvonne said...

CW - Thank you. I'm trying. One day at a time :)

Robyn - Aww thank you so much. My brain knows this but my heart is having trouble accepting it. Onward. :)

Blue Grumpster said...

5 years is a long time. Sometimes what's best for you still sucks. What also sucks is that no one really understands how you're feeling.

Yvonne said...

Blue- yep, still sucks. But I am much better in every way. I hope you are faring well.

Blue Grumpster said...

I'm on the verge of a mid-life crisis. Other than that, it's all good.

tya6i said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Blue Grumpster said...

Just wondering how you were doing.

Yvonne said...

Blue! Hello friend! Meh, I'm better I guess. No, I know I am, it's just the holidays and stuff. But I am still in a better place than I was before. And I'm writing again, which is HUGE! (NOT to be confused with DJT Huge!) I hope you are doing well and had a great Thanksgiving!

Yvonne said...

Blue- wait. Mid-life crisis? You're too young for a mid-life crisis. What? Did you go out and buy a fancy sportscar? HA!

Chapter 56

The sunlight peeping through the curtains, stir her from her sleep.  Her eyes open and she rubs them a bit before sitting up in bed.  Eyes n...