Monday, September 18, 2017

Because I'm Happy...

I have been grinning from ear to ear since yesterday afternoon.  In case you have not heard, my Houston Astros clinched the American League West Division on Sunday afternoon.  That's right.  The Astros are going to the playoffs and this girl right here is beyond herself with excitement!  The last two innings of the game I was so nervous I couldn't sit or stand still.  And I was home alone watching the game.  Let's just say, I scared my neighbors with my yelling and screaming.  Don't worry, I apologized.  For those not familiar with my blog, I am a hardcore, die-hard Astros fan.  I have been since I was probably eight or nine years old. Thanks to my dad, who schooled my siblings and I on the love of the game and took us to so many baseball games at the now vacant Astrodome, that the ushers and attendants knew us by name.  -Totally true story.  Yesterday was a good day. Today was even better.  Except, the playoff tickets sold-out before I could purchase mine.  Not to fret, I WILL be at game one, one way or another. 


Right after the last out.  The players all hugged and celebrated.


The banner this morning inside Minute Maid Park -home of the Houston Astros

It's Monday bloggies, have a great week.  I know I will. 

-peace


5 comments:

CWMartin said...

Congratulations! As a fan of not one but two last place teams, I am happy for you and hope you won't mind terribly when the World Series is a repeat of last year...

Yvonne said...

CW- Hahaha, we'll see! Let me bask in the playoff run first!

Yvonne said...

CW - Hey! What was that you said "a repeat of last year"??? LOL I just remembered this comment!

CWMartin said...

Yeah, well, I'm certainly no one to place money on my picks, lol...

tya6i said...

For safety sake, play bazaar download music only from sites you know and trust. This will ensure that the song doesn't have some sort of virus in it which can leave your computer a mess or your private data open to criminals. Stick to sites like Amazon or iTunes who scan the files they provide.

Chapter 56

The sunlight peeping through the curtains, stir her from her sleep.  Her eyes open and she rubs them a bit before sitting up in bed.  Eyes n...