Sunday, January 3, 2016

they just don't get it. and by "they" i mean men

men. bleh. who needs them? oh yeah, we do.  well, we don't need them per se, but we want them, sometimes.  can you tell i'm just a little perturbed?  they say that women are the more dramatic ones in a relationship but i'm not totally convinced that is accurate.  wait, wait, just hear me out.  you see, as women we like to communicate and talk about our feelings and analyze every.single.detail. everyone knows this.  and men tend to clam up and go with the flow, so to speak. most times.  there are the rare occasions when they too, voice their opinions, feelings, emotions, etc.  and that's a great thing.  but why then, do men act like such pansies when we suddenly decide to assert ourselves and tell them exactly what we want, how we feel, etc.  the minute we do, they clam up, they get hurt, they tell us we are dramatic.  oh how many times have i heard that one in my life? not just from a lover but from my brothers or from male friends.  let me tell you what i tell them, sharing my feelings does not make me "dramatic" -if i don't share them with you, how will you know what or how i'm feeling?ugh.  so maybe i'm not making much sense because i'm being frugal with details about my current dilemma, but just know that if you ask a woman "what's wrong?" and don't really want to know, then do us a favor, don't ask.  really. don't patronize us like that.  it's better if you just leave us alone and let us be.  but if you are genuinely concerned and do ask, brace yourselves, it could get ugly.  and while i'm at it, we are not always looking at you to fix whatever is wrong, sometimes, we really do just need a hug or an "i love you, everything will be ok"

really.


5 comments:

CWMartin said...

I feel I should say something in men's defense... but why? Most of them are a-holes, and I don't feel like getting clobbered for them! I'll just send you a virtual hug and duck real fast...

Robin said...

I'm still looking for that guy who is interested in communicating... you know, because he wants a healthy relationship. Keep looking, Yvonne. I do believe he's out there!

Yvonne said...

CW Martin- Ha! Agreed, most are a-holes. Aww, thank you for my virtual hug! See? You get it.

Robin- bahaha me too. let me know if you find one and if you do, ask him if he has a brother. :)

BB said...

As long as you know it's not you, it's them, you're fine. There are men out there who care about another's feelings. Until you cross paths, know that men are A-holes like Chris said...LOL

Yvonne said...

BB- Agreed! :)

Chapter 56

The sunlight peeping through the curtains, stir her from her sleep.  Her eyes open and she rubs them a bit before sitting up in bed.  Eyes n...