Saturday, February 26, 2011

Sleep! Wherefore Art Thou, Sleep?

I got home a little over an hour ago. It's now a quarter till 2:00 a.m. and I'm wide awake.  Nice!  On my ride home, I remember thinking how I couldn't wait to get into bed and fall asleep. Exhausted doesn't even begin to describe how I feel. But the strangest thing happened.  When I got home, I washed my face and took my contacts out.  Got into my pjs and suddenly, I got the burst of energy.  Where the heck it came from? Your guess is as good as mine! I attempted to lay down and shut my eyes.  But it was all for naught.  My mind was racing with too many thoughts and the room spun slightly.  Oh yeah, I failed to mention that I was slightly intoxicated which would explain the spinning. But it wasn't that "drunk" intoxicated.  No, it was more the, "I've been up since 5:00 a.m., and worked until 9:00 p.m., I need a drink now!" kind of intoxicated.  Feel sorry for me yet? Meh, didn't think so.  Just for that, I'm going to bore you with details of my evening.  As I stated, I worked super late finishing up a deadline on a project that was due today, er, yesterday.  You know  what I mean! So after the day from hell was over, I met my friend *Gustabo at a local watering hole and had the best conversation with him. We always laugh so much when we get together.  For those that are new to my blog, *Gustabo is a fictitious name I give to all of my male characters to protect the innocent and the not so innocent.  This particular *Gustabo, is a very good friend.  We are extremely close.  In fact, we are bff's!  But we are just that, good friends.  So during our conversation we or I, rather, drank a few more drinky drinks than I normally do.  That and the fact that I was so tired, was a bad combination.  I quickly forgot about my horrid day and focused on letting loose and enjoying myself.  I think I flirted with just about everyone in the place! Flirting comes naturally to me.  I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.  I enjoy it.  Do you? Meh, it was all in fun and no one got hurt.  We sat out in the patio.  The night had  a cool breeze.  Oh and the service was impeccable! That NEVER happens at these types of bars.  Needless to say, someone got a hefty tip tonight!  Guess what? My incessant rambling has bored me to sleepiness! Yes!

Be good kids!

12 comments:

ISRAEL CARRASCO said...

duermete

Mynx said...

sweet dreams

Alessandra said...

I was going to say read a book in bed, but I see that writing a blog works just as well. Hope you had a restful night.

Belle said...

Having a great night after a hard day is sooo nice. Sleep tight.

David Batista said...

What a coinky-dink! I had almost the exact same night as you -- no kidding. I came home at 1:43 am after hanging out with a very old BFF of mine, who also happens to be of the opposite gender, too!

And also like you, I kept chanting to myself on the way home that I couldn't wait to fall into my bed and sleep. Except, instead I came home and turned on the PC and read some blogs. Ha!

This is too weird.

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

You're cute. I like your spirit. Those sudden bursts of energy often come at the wrong times, don't they. I hope you had a peaceful sleep.
xoRobyn

Yvonne said...

Israel - es lo que hice.

Mynx - thanks you! they were!

Alessandra - hahaha

Belle - yes it was awesomely nice!

David - haha, great minds think alike!

Yvonne said...

Robyn - lol yes they do!

G said...

I love 'Gustabo' what a cool idea to protect the not so innocent lol

I'm a born flirt as well, it gets me into all kinds of trouble, normally with the GF

Sandra said...

I was up at that time too because my restless legs were kicking up a storm. Maybe I should have a had a drink instead! And I am renaming my youngest Gustabo. Just 'cause I can! :)
You are adorable! I'm glad you flirt, it only adds to your charm.

Yvonne said...

G - lol yeah, if i had a bf i would not be so much of a flirt.

Sandra- bahahaha, i foresee a lot of stories about how your impromptu name change will wreak havoc in your lives. -Thanks for your kinds words!

♥ The Lyrical Designer ♥ said...

Hmpff. while YOU were out having fun!!! i was in glued to my laptop!! hmmpff. take me out with you next time!!