Monday, December 27, 2010

Red Thongs and Other NYE Traditions!

So in my previous post I wrote about my Sunday Fun Day at my friend's house. Well, what I forgot to mention was that all the girs received parting gifts! Woohoo! More presents! K emerged from her bedroom and handed out the most cutest leopard print bags to us.

"This is for Friday because I want all of you to have lots of love in the coming year!"

We giggled and started looking in the bag. One by one we each pulled out these red laced thongs. The fact that the leopard print bags had "Fredericks of Hollywood" printed on them should have been a warning to us! But again, we were a bit intoxicated to notice! The girls laughed, some of the guys blushed, some looked away and some wanted a modeling session! Ha! Yeah right!

"Let us tell you if they look good or not!" that remark came from I. (male obviously)

To which I replied, "No, that way on Friday night, when you see us, you can think about what we're wearing underneath!"

I thought it was funny! The guys said we were just cruel. Wah, freaking wah!

Ok so if you are not aware, wearing red panties on NYE is a tradition of sorts. It is said that by doing so, you will have good luck with love. I have no earthly idea where that tradition or folkore or fairy tale came from, but for the past umpteenth years, yours truly has been wearing red panties on NYE. They don't necessarily need to be thongs either. Just red. Now, given my track record thus far, I would venture to say that this is all a bunch of baloney but that's just ME!

Driving home I thought about other traditions for NYE. I know about the twelve grapes at midnight, and the black-eyed peas, what are some others?

Come on, I'm wide awake, entertain me!

9 comments:

Cinderita said...

Damn. I'm going out to buy some red panties tomorrow!

ISRAEL CARRASCO said...

I wear a red g string. It works wonders.

not displayed said...

red lace g-string getting an outing on NYE I reckon. Never heard of the tradition but it sure sounds like a good excuse to rev up the hubby

Shady Del Knight said...

My NYE tradition is unorthodox but it fills me with giddy anticipation. All of my friends named Yvonne show me pics of themselves wearing red panties.

Yvonne said...

Cinderita - Please do!

Israel - lol see? i told you so!

Mynx - He'll love it!

Shady - Ha! There you go hallucinating again!

Alessandra said...

Ok, I'm batting 0 -3 on the NYE traditions. Didn't know about red panties, 12 grapes or peas, I must have been living under a rock! The only tradition I know of is on Jan 1st. If you eat lentils (yuk, gag, ugh..), you get lots of money during the year. The more lentils, the more dough.....I hate lentils. That's why I'm broke

Sorry, gotta go buy some underwear now...

Anonymous said...

Are you serious?! I left my red star panties at home! Wah! Oh well...

http://theadorkableditzmissteps.blogspot.com/

Belle said...

My sister, Chloe, and I had a tradition on NYE. We watched Johnny Carson and he always showed the big ball falling down in New York. We would click our root beer glasses together.

Yvonne said...

Alessandra - I forgot about the lentils! I can only eat them during Holy Week right before Easter! lol

Ditz - i'm sure they sale lingerie whre you are! get to shopping! :)

Belle - That's a great tradition to have! When I was a little girl I would watch Dick Clark's New Year's Rocking Eve and my grandmotherk, who babysat all the grandkids, while the adults went out, would give us sparkling cider right before it struck twelve and we would make a toast and then go to bed. lol

Chapter 56

The sunlight peeping through the curtains, stir her from her sleep.  Her eyes open and she rubs them a bit before sitting up in bed.  Eyes n...