Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Hairgasmic!

I went to get my hair cut this evening. Nothing drastic, just needed it thinned out a bit. I have MASSIVE hair! MASSIVE! Anyway, so I didn't set out to get it cut initially. It went down like this, after work I braved the mass crowds of Christmas shoppers and ventured to the mall. I needed a "sexy" kind of outfit for tomorrow's Christmas party. After wrestling with the crowds and the over the top anxious sales people, I gave up and defeatedly, walked through the mall towards the garage for the long drive home -empty-handed. I guess I'll just magically pull something HOT out of my closet. That was my plan of action. So as I neared the garage, I passed by a hair salon that one of my friends had always raved about. I had never tried it before. I'm very loyal to my hairstylist. But eh, what the heck? I didn't find anything to wear, may as well get a hair cut! Right? Right!

So in I went. And oh my gawd! The shampoo girl gave me the BEST.SCALP.MASSAGE.EVER!!! Seriously. I don't smoke, (well only in bed, but I digress) but I swear, I had the urge to smoke a cigarette after that massage! After regaining my compusure -I'm sure I had this glazed look on my face! The shampoo/master scalp massager, led me to my hairstylist. His name was Ty. This is where I started getting a little scared. I mean, what was I thinking? I NEVER cheat on my stylist! What if this guy doesn't know what he's doing??? As Ty led me to his chair, I said a little prayer and braced myself for what was to come. Well, what was to come was the most awesome experience! (Not in the same way as my AWESOME scalp massage, a different kind of Awesome!) He wasn't just a "hair stylist" he was freaking Edward Scissorhands! I didn't get a lot of hair cut off, like I said, I just needed it thinned out. But the style he gave me tonight was so pretty! If I had a picture I would post it! Just take my word for it ok? Great, thanks! :)

"What do you think?" Ty asked me when he was finished.
I smiled from ear to ear and told him it was fabulous. And it was!

Now if only the party was tonight instead of tomorrow night! Driving home I was still in "Hair/Massage heaven" when a feeling of angst came over me, "Crap! What am I going to wear to the party???"

Stay tuned.

9 comments:

Belle said...

There's nothing better than a great haircut! Hope you find something great to wear for the party.

Shady Del Knight said...

I'm sorry, but I don't believe a word of it! I need proof. Please post a dozen or more self pics! By the way...got an extra cigarette? (LOL)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to say that my mom still cuts my hair. I'm scared to let anyone else touch it because my hair has a mind of its own and I don't want people try and conform it to a cut that it wasn't supposed to have.

http://theadorkableditzmissteps.blogspot.com/

not displayed said...

Love love love going to the hairdresser. And if you can get a good head massage, girl you gotta go back there. Those are so hard to find.
Hope you found the right dress

Ameena said...

If I lived in a 100 mile radius of you I would totally go see Ty. My hair huge too, impossibly so! And apparently nobody in Los Angeles can tame it!!

Krissy said...

I don't know what it is about a good shampooer but it is freaking awesome! And I know how you feel about going to a new hairdresser. It can be paralyzing to even consider when you have a good one. Mine went out for surgery once, and I wanted to kiss her when she came back.

http://talkativetaurus.blogspot.com/

Cinderita said...

I only wish I could take my hair dresser home with me so he could do that every morning...the scalp massage i mean...hee hee

KayC, The Quiet Storm said...

LOL - a great distraction though ;-) Nothing like a great scalp massage and haircut to make you feel like a new woman!

Anonymous said...

I have always contemplated just going in for a shampoo every night...just never washing my own hair again...it's never as good as when you are at a salon. I don't care if it's a $10 haircut from Hairy Cuttery...that shit is good!

I love that "just cut" feeling. I never feel sexier than right after having my hair and nails done. I ooze confidence and my step is a little lighter. I should go get my hair cut! ;-)

Chapter 56

The sunlight peeping through the curtains, stir her from her sleep.  Her eyes open and she rubs them a bit before sitting up in bed.  Eyes n...