Saturday, November 27, 2010

someone i use to know...

Holding hands we walk slowly to the front door
Walking trepidly, purposely, in hopes of  freezing time.

"Please don't let this moment end" my heart cries out, in silence.

There is silence as we reach the front door.
We stare at each other
neither of us looking away
Reluctantly, I break the spell,

"I miss you already."
You hug me. A silent act that speaks volumes.

"I'm going to miss you, I don't want to go, I love you,this is goodbye"

My eyes are welling up with tears. You gently wipe them away with your hand. You kiss my mouth.
Sweetly.
Gently.

You pull a strand of hair away from my face and you tell me to, "Be good."
I want to hold on to you. I don't want you to open the door.
But I'm left standing there, alone.
You turn back and smile at me once more,
and walk out of my life.

Closure.

4 comments:

SB said...

OMG Nooooo!!!

I have gone through this same scene the last time i saw my first ever love.
Gosh that was heartrending. There is a part of me that still hasnt gotten over him and gotten that closure.

Yvonne said...

I never got "closure" -and it SUCKS! lol

Shady Del Knight said...

Closure is overrated! It's like sweeping an issue under the rug and trying to forget it's there. Before long the telltale heart is beating loudly beneath the floor boards and there's a two ton elephant standing in the room. Pick your favorite metaphor! I believe that it's healthier to acknowledge "what is" and deal with it successfully. Call upon your resources and conquer it one day at a time. Being tested and passing the test keeps you strong.

Yvonne said...

Shday - I hear what you're saying but sometimes, giving in to the emotions is therapeutic. And writing about those feelings is cathartic.

Chapter 56

The sunlight peeping through the curtains, stir her from her sleep.  Her eyes open and she rubs them a bit before sitting up in bed.  Eyes n...