Sunday, October 3, 2010

A Good Day

It's been a very long time since I've had a "good day". I had almost forgotten what they felt like -almost. My mom and and I set out to celebrate our birthday today by taking a road trip. She had been hinting around that she wanted to go gambling to nearby Lousiana, so I abided her wish and off we went! The weather was absolutely beautiful! Not a cloud in the sky, the temperature was a breezy 75 degrees and the sun shone brightly! This is the first time my mom and I take off on our own on this date. The norm has always been a big family gathering and cake and candles and all that good stuff. The "norm" was made to be changed! :)

I'm very fortunate in that I still have my mother with me. I simply enjoyed my time with her, and made her laugh and enjoyed watching her relax. That was great birthday gift to me!

We both fared very well in the winnings! My mom actually won quite a bit! Yay!!! lol Unfortunately, I didn't win "big money" so I have to go to work tomorrow, but no money in the world can equate the big smile in my heart.

A good day.

3 comments:

Belle said...

I'm so glad you guys had a happy birthday! My mom and I love to gamble in Nevada when we visit my sisters.

Shady Del Knight said...

Well that's fantastic, Yvonne! Instead of going with the traditional family gathering you boldly staged an old fashioned Tony Robbins style "pattern interrupt." You broke free of what was expected, acted with spontaneity, and went on a road trip. Best of all, you discovered that spending some quality one-on-one time with your mother brought her a great deal of happiness. No store bought gift can compare to the one that you give yourself when you focus outward, share yourself authentically with others, and achieve a positive outcome.

Yvonne said...

Yes it's true. I was a bit skeptical about going at first but I saw the look in her eyes when I mentioned that we "might" do that and then I couldn't say no! lol And it turned out to a fantastic day!

Chapter 56

The sunlight peeping through the curtains, stir her from her sleep.  Her eyes open and she rubs them a bit before sitting up in bed.  Eyes n...